What are we watching now?

I watched Banshees of Inisherin last night. What a weird film. Subject was certainly something I haven't seen done before.

That film was so brutal. I thought Colin Farrell was amazingly perfect in that, which surprised the hell out of me. I loved the way he would ask if people thought he was dumb. The whole thing just crushed me.

That film was so brutal. I thought Colin Farrell was amazingly perfect in that, which surprised the hell out of me. I loved the way he would ask if people thought he was dumb. The whole thing just crushed me.
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Colin Farrell but I think he was the perfect choice for that film.

Barry Keoghan as Dominic, the kinda dumb young kid, was also a great performance. I think everyone knows at least a few people exactly like him.

More Wes Anderson watched. French Dispatch was interesting, but perhaps not one of his best. It had good ideas, but the execution felt like it was missing something.

I wish they didn't use so much black&white on it. I don't quite know what they were aiming for with that - the look of black and white newspapers? The rest of the movie is obviously structured as short stories - which is what newspaper articles are.

I loved the little "magazine cover picture cartoons" during credits. I don't know what the style is called but feel like I've seen it in a lot of things in the 1980s/1990s.

More Wes Anderson watched. French Dispatch was interesting, but perhaps not one of his best. It had good ideas, but the execution felt like it was missing something.

I wish they didn't use so much black&white on it. I don't quite know what they were aiming for with that - the look of black and white newspapers? The rest of the movie is obviously structured as short stories - which is what newspaper articles are.

I loved the little "magazine cover picture cartoons" during credits. I don't know what the style is called but feel like I've seen it in a lot of things in the 1980s/1990s.
Way too long. Started off good but fell off.

Roadworthy Rescues, Rust Valley Restorers and Iron Resurrection on the MotorTrend channel

Last edited:
Started on [The Tourist] last night. First few episodes are interesting...
I'm something like 6 episodes in now, and properly addicted. (I'd probably be further along, but it crossed that "good enough that my wife should see it, too" line, so now we have to find time we both can spare.)

Big Fargo vibes here.

I'm something like 6 episodes in now, and properly addicted. (I'd probably be further along, but it crossed that "good enough that my wife should see it, too" line, so now we have to find time we both can spare.)

Big Fargo vibes here.
Sounds like I need to revisit and see where we left off :unsure:

This is pretty much what’s playing 24/7 in my apartment lately, anything from this channel-

Just finished up S1 of BMF. 50 Cent produced gangster soap opera on Starz. About 2 brothers in Detroit from back in the day who came up doing, well; bad things. It's soap opera af but somehow; I am hooked.

Back