What are we watching now?

So I know we've watched at least one season of it and liked it? I saw it pop back up on the feed the other day and semi-recognized it. The old "2.5 years between seasons" model isn't always the best for viewer re-engagement apparently :ROFLMAO:
Sometimes it pays off to live under a rock for years at a time. Three seasons of “fresh” content! :D

Stumbled on a new (to me) NetFlix series that's apparently in its third Season now: The Tourist? First episode was well-executed and very entertaining. No idea where it will go from here, though. Anyone else watching this one? (No spoilers, please. :D)
Started on that last night. First few episodes are interesting...

I'm told Henry Cavill felt the same way. Apparently (despite not looking the part at all), he's a bit of fantasy RPG gaming nerd, and a huge fan of the Witcher novels; and he kept getting into arguments with the director because he wanted his dialog to be more true to the books. (Or so my wife tells me, having read all about it in People magazine or the like.)
Yeah that's what I read as well and it's a real shame. Cavill is apparently doing something related to Warhammer 40K atm so hopefully that turns out better.

The showrunners of Witcher apparently didn't like the source material at all and it shows. The spinoff they made was goddamn awful and the main series got worse the further it got. How these people got attached to the project in the first place, I have no idea. But as a fan of the Witcher games and liking the novels, fuck those guys for ruining the show. It had the right casting, pretty good visuals, but just really bad writing and disjointed editing.

So after enjoying Asteroid City, I decided to give The Grand Budapest Hotel a try. I enjoyed it, another gorgeous film but this time with a coherent plot. I might be starting to understand Wes Anderson films.
Isle of Dogs, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Royal Tennenbaums; lots of :chef in his filmography.

The Graduate

Haven't seen it in probably a couple decades, but it's such a different movie as an adult, much older than Mrs. Robinson herself! Haha
Can see everything she's doing, figuratively speaking...

Had myself a cough cough, 'similar situation' (just not involving a daughter though), and it was..., rather fun. I'll just leave it at that. :grin

The Graduate

Haven't seen it in probably a couple decades, but it's such a different movie as an adult, much older than Mrs. Robinson herself! Haha
Can see everything she's doing, figuratively speaking...

Had myself a cough cough, 'similar situation' (just not involving a daughter though), and it was..., rather fun. I'll just leave it at that. :grin

Same here, many years ago. I look back on it with some disbelief now.

I saw it in a movie theater when I was 17. My date was 23. Lost my virginity with her later that night.

Fond memories.

Oppenheimer? Yay or nay?

I have Peacock for a few more days, and it is supposed
to rain this weekend, so might stay in and try and lock
myself into one spot for 3 hours and watch it.

Oppenheimer? Yay or nay?

It's been on our radar for a while. My son said it was good but long. Obviously. It felt like a couple different movies from what he was saying? I haven't mustered the 3 hours up yet to see for myself. I trust Nolan and Cillian Murphy, generally speaking?

Yeah. I am diving in this weekend. My Peacock subscription is ending on the 15th. Now or never for me!

Oppenheimer? Yay or nay?

Yay for sure! It's a good film. Not something you want to rewatch until maybe 10 years later, but still a good film.

I watched Banshees of Inisherin last night. What a weird film. Subject was certainly something I haven't seen done before.

Back