What are we watching now?

Watched The Iron Claw flick about the VonErich family. No necessarily a feel good flick :oops: Depressing story duly noted; it waa very good. Zack Efron's face is weird af but he did a great job.

You should watch the Dark Side of the Ring episode afterwards. They are the Kennedys of wrestling.
I think I have seen a few of these? I know I watched the Brett Hart movie years go. I don't watch wrestling anymore but when the boys were little; we went to a few events and it was a good time.

Finished up True Detective. That 5th episode was really good. The "ending"? Not so much. Eh.

The series Chernobyl. Very brave and selfless people that worked, and basically gave their lives, to do what they did to deal with that catastrophe. That has to continue to be dealt with for..., I can't even guess how long. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just..., sad, and a stark reminder that if the human race doesn't figure out our energy issues, and come up with something that can keep pace with the planet's population growth, our world will die. And it's so much more than just nuclear waste and contamination... :oops:

The series Chernobyl. Very brave and selfless people that worked, and basically gave their lives, to do what they did to deal with that catastrophe. That has to continue to be dealt with for..., I can't even guess how long. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just..., sad, and a stark reminder that if the human race doesn't figure out our energy issues, and come up with something that can keep pace with the planet's population growth, our world will die. And it's so much more than just nuclear waste and contamination... :oops:
I was very impressed with the show. One of the best I’ve seen.

I’m rewatching old favorites (when I feel like I’m due). Finished Reservoir Dogs.

Next up, Chinatown.

IMG_7713.jpeg

I have not tried to read this whole thread, but we just started watching The Horror of Delores Roach... It's pretty good!

Also it is very accurate. I was 2 years old at the time of the event and my grandad was working as a bus driver evacuating the personnel from the plant.

Finished up True Detective. That 5th episode was really good. The "ending"? Not so much. Eh.
Yeah, it felt like they barely managed to push it over the finish line. At one point my eyes fluttered open from a half sleep and there was an entire room full of brand new characters trying to tie up loose ends. During the damned finale. Zzz...

Yeah, it felt like they barely managed to push it over the finish line. At one point my eyes fluttered open from a half sleep and there was an entire room full of brand new characters trying to tie up loose ends. During the damned finale. Zzz...
Was not impressed. Wasn't really any better than the Vince Vaughn season and definitely did not hit me like last season did.

Started S2 of Tokyo Vice. Quiet-ish crime drama set in, well; Tokyo. It feels like a UK series where they wait what seems like forever between seasons" Generally speaking pretty good so far. Finished up Monsiuer(htfeveryouspellit) Spade and liked it a lot. It had it's own 10lbs in a 5lb bucket finale but they pulled it off quite nicely. Last episode of Sexy Beast (I think) tonight. Looking forward to it \m/

The kid in it from Killing Of a Sacred Deer drives me nuts :oops:

Several of them were punch-face worthy. lol I think it was generally a pretty strongly acted movie, and visually excellent. The problem is it was just a handful of shock scenes wrapped in a story that became predictable after 45 minutes.
You can tell the director realized the story had not built any real weight by cramming in those cut scenes late to try to explain the motivations of the main character. (Which were stupid as well) It was a little late in the game to salvage anyone giving a fuck by that point in the movie. lol It’s like, ya know, you’ve already had two hours to make any of this worth our time. :ROFLMAO:
Kind of disappointing. These types of movies are normally my thing.

Several of them were punch-face worthy. lol I think it was generally a pretty strongly acted movie, and visually excellent. The problem is it was just a handful of shock scenes wrapped in a story that became predictable after 45 minutes.
You can tell the director realized the story had not built any real weight by cramming in those cut scenes late to try to explain the motivations of the main character. (Which were stupid as well) It was a little late in the game to salvage anyone giving a fuck by that point in the movie. lol It’s like, ya know, you’ve already had two hours to make any of this worth our time. :ROFLMAO:
Kind of disappointing. These types of movies are normally my thing.
I'm kinda over sex scene for the sake of itself with zero useful content thing. If it makes sense in the story it's one thing. But it usually doesn't :oops:

I'm kinda over sex scene for the sake of itself with zero useful content thing. If it makes sense in the story it's one thing. But it usually doesn't :oops:

I think I’ve fast forwarded through every sex scene in everything I’ve watched in the last year or two. The majority of them can be finished in 5 seconds by just letting the viewer assume they’re banging and when they keep going on I seriously wonder how awkward things get on sets when everyone realizes the scene is doing nothing for the movie and people are just pretend fucking for….whose benefit?

Back