What are we watching now?

Top Chef and Padma Lakshmi. Is there a more beautiful woman on the Planet??

:love

I just binge-watched HBO's Chernobyl. Came out a few years ago and I've been meaning to watch it ever since; had nothing to do on a longish flight.

What can I say? It's as good as they say it is and it's utterly mind blowing that everything that happened, um... happened.

Acting is :chef

I wasn't sure how a subject so seemingly bleak and dry could be made into compelling viewing, but they did it. Masterful. Perhaps a masterpiece.

So would I recommend it? Now here's the thing... the subject matter is some of the grimmest, most depressing stuff I can ever recall viewing; every time you find yourself thinking "how could it possibly get worse than this?", the situation gets worse - so I'm not sure if I would wish such a bleak experience on somebody else. Be warned!

Nevertheless, I'm sat here thinking deeply about it. I am glad that I watched it. It's as much a philosophical treatise on the human condition as it is a documentary concerning a horrific disaster.

Last edited:
I just binge-watched HBO's Chernobyl. Came out a few years ago and I've been meaning to watch it ever since; had nothing to do on a longish flight.

What can I say? It's as good as they say it is and it's utterly mind blowing that everything that happened, um... happened.

Acting is :chef

I wasn't sure how a subject so seemingly bleak and dry could be made into compelling viewing, but they did it. Masterful. Perhaps a masterpiece.

So would I recommend it? Now here's the thing... the subject matter is some of the grimmest, most depressing stuff I can ever recall viewing; every time you find yourself thinking "how could it possibly get worse than this?", the situation gets worse - so I'm not sure if I would wish such a bleak experience on somebody else. Be warned!

Nevertheless, I'm sat here thinking deeply about it. I am glad that I watched it. It's as much a philosophical treatise on the human condition as it is a documentary concerning a horrific disaster.

I thought it lost a little steam towards the end, but otherwise I agree, it was really captivating and well worth the watch.

I watched This Is A Robbery on Netflix over the weekend and it was pretty cool, albeit a little long winded towards the end. Kind of astonishing you have half a billion in art hanging on the wall and your security is a couple stoners and a door buzzer.

I’m about halfway through The Curious Case of Natalia Grace and that’s getting pretty wild. I’ll withhold judgement on the parents or my instinct that the “girl” needs an Excorcism until I finish it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

New always sunny is entertaining enough so far. No tummy aches from laughs yet but still worth watching

Season 3 of Dave also entertaining, moments here and there. Love the show a lot but nothing has slapped quite as hard as season 1 for me

Watched all of beef that was pretty good

Sister just gave me hbo max password so I’ll have a few things to catch up on there, it’s been a minute

M. Night Shamalangadingdong
This is what I call him too. And I agree, I enjoy very, very little from him. He’s a hack that got lucky a couple times, so Hollywood keeps throwing him money. Every time I see his name attached, I’m like “oooh boy, I wonder what the surprising twist will be this time!” It’s predictable so much that there will be one, that you train yourself to look for it.

New always sunny is entertaining enough so far. No tummy aches from laughs yet but still worth watching

Season 3 of Dave also entertaining, moments here and there. Love the show a lot but nothing has slapped quite as hard as season 1 for me

Watched all of beef that was pretty good

Sister just gave me hbo max password so I’ll have a few things to catch up on there, it’s been a minute
Thought Sunny was on Hulu but only like 6 episodes of S1. Grabbed the season pass on Prime.its typical in a good way so far?

Dave S1 was awesome but I could not get into S2 at all. My son said S3 is great.

Thought Sunny was on Hulu but only like 6 episodes of S1. Grabbed the season pass on Prime.its typical in a good way so far?

Dave S1 was awesome but I could not get into S2 at all. My son said S3 is great.

All of sunny is on Hulu with current season episodes dropping the day after premier but yes good ol classic sunny

Yeah I'm not sure wtf is happening with our Hulu app on our Rokus. I only have those first 6-7 episodes of season 1 of Sunny available. On my phone; everything. Super weird.

Hannibal Buress Whack GIF

Been on an early 00's kick as of late.

Watched City by the Sea the other night. DeNiro plays a cop who ends up hunting the son he abandoned for crimes he not sure he commited. Decent flick with a GREAT portrayal of a junkie kid trying to find his way by James Franco.

Watched The Last Castle last night. Gandolfini and Robert Redford star as two high ranking military men who end up going against each other in a military prison. Always knew of it but never watched it. It was excellent, unsurprisingly.

Dumbfuck old man moment. I'll share with the class :wat:facepalm

The reason why the Hulu Sunny list was only showing as season 1 for me was because it goes upwards in chronological order instead of starting with s1 and scrolling down the screen in list view for each newer year. So click on seasons then press up and the rest show up.

Getting old and dumb sucks :rofl

Back