What are we watching now?

Dumb***** old man moment. I'll share with the class :wat:facepalm

The reason why the Hulu Sunny list was only showing as season 1 for me was because it goes upwards in chronological order instead of starting with s1 and scrolling down the screen in list view for each newer year. So click on seasons then press up and the rest show up.

Getting old and dumb sucks :rofl
You’re doing it wrong. You’re supposed to yell at your wife about “shitty UI design”.

Never surrender.

tumblr_lnqaieE0h31qemexg.gif

Last edited:
P.S. Have I mentioned Apple+ and the whole “which fucking show is supposed to be highlighted” feature? Hey Apple, you don’t need a formal regression test here. Basically just watch anyone use your product for any length of time, such as 2 seconds. That point where their eyes glaze over is an indication that maybe you have a problem.

:hmm

New always sunny is entertaining enough so far. No tummy aches from laughs yet but still worth watching

Season 3 of Dave also entertaining, moments here and there. Love the show a lot but nothing has slapped quite as hard as season 1 for me

Watched all of beef that was pretty good

Sister just gave me hbo max password so I’ll have a few things to catch up on there, it’s been a minute

I need to catch up on Always Sunny, I think I have 2-3 seasons I haven't seen yet. I just ditched a ton of streaming services because I was dumping around $100 a month into individual channels on top of Hulu, Netflix and Prime. I also had Disney+, HBO Max, AMC, MGM and several others I forgot to cancel via Prime once the 7-day trial ran out.

On The Always Sunny podcast recently, the dude who plays Dennis (forgot his name) went on a spiel about his love of Mike Patton/FNM/Bungle and cuz I'm a dork, it makes me love Always Sunny that much more. He was wearing a Gojira shirt on another podcast. Patton did some promo with DeVito for Always Sunny in the mid-00's, I couldn't think of a better band that Mr. Bungle to intergrate themselves into Always Sunny :rofl

I need to catch up on Always Sunny, I think I have 2-3 seasons I haven't seen yet. I just ditched a ton of streaming services because I was dumping around $100 a month into individual channels on top of Hulu, Netflix and Prime. I also had Disney+, HBO Max, AMC, MGM and several others I forgot to cancel via Prime once the 7-day trial ran out.

On The Always Sunny podcast recently, the dude who plays Dennis (forgot his name) went on a spiel about his love of Mike Patton/FNM/Bungle and cuz I'm a dork, it makes me love Always Sunny that much more. He was wearing a Gojira shirt on another podcast. Patton did some promo with DeVito for Always Sunny in the mid-00's, I couldn't think of a better band that Mr. Bungle to intergrate themselves into Always Sunny :rofl
FB-IMG-1672625872357.jpg

Oof Succession is so good. The last season is quite a ride.

I started the first episode of the newest season and shut it off halfway through. I binged the other seasons last year and it shouldn’t feel as unfamiliar to me, but I felt like I was watching 30 minutes of a bunch of characters I couldn’t give a single f*ck about when watching that first episode, despite knowing their backstories. I’ll probably binge it all at some point though.

P.S. Have I mentioned Apple+ and the whole “which f*****g show is supposed to be highlighted” feature? Hey Apple, you don’t need a formal regression test here. Basically just watch anyone use your product for any length of time, such as 2 seconds. That point where their eyes glaze over is an indication that maybe you have a problem.

:hmm
I was actually just saying to my gf yesterday that Apple is ignoring its own human interface design guidelines with the way it works. It's really hard to see what is highlighted. Also if they stopped trying to push Platonic at me that would be nice because the trailer looks very unfunny.

In other news, Severance is excellent! Reveals something new every episode but still keeps you guessing.

Apple has surprisingly strong original shows now. Silo, Severence, Foundation, Ted Lasso are all really good stuff.

The Whale.
I wanted to go see it in the movies but by the time I was aware of it, it had already been replaced. Hopefully it ends up on some streaming service soon.

Went to see Evil Dead Rise recently and it was fun, even if it could have gone even more over the top for my liking.

Totally late to the party on this one, but started watching Good Girls late last week and got sucked in pretty quick. Not the greatest show ever, but still entertaining.

Damn.... This isn't out yet, but looks theater worthy.

Went to see The Flash yesterday with my son for Father's Day. The Creator was one of the trailers and hooked me way harder than Flash did.

For Flash: I wish they'd used the actors/actresses from the CW show. The Barry Allen and Iris West combo on TV is WAY, WAAAAYYYY better than than the two in the movie. The Flash actor is douchey and it comes through on screen, for me at least. My son isn't aware of all the off-screen BS that dude was involved in and said he didn't like him either. The story itself essentially has him as not only the main protagonist, twice, but the main antagonist as well, which really is where things leave the rails for me. Sure there's an actual super-villain, but he's two-dimensional at best and James Gunn utterly fails to turn him into a threat the audience feels.

Michael Keaton steals the show. His best Batman performance, period. Seeing him do the bat-thing was worth the price of admission. In fact, they should make a Dark Knight movie with him, I'd be the first 5 people in line for tickets if Flash is any indication of what we could expect.

Overall, I thought the movie was one of the better DCU ones, which isn't saying a lot unfortunately. It certainly wasn't in the same league (pun intended) as Wonder Woman or Shazam (the first ones, not the sequels), but more along the lines of Black Adam: decent Sunday afternoon entertainment I'd be ok seeing again, but not on my Top 100 Movies list.

Overall, if you're into Flash, stick with the CW version instead. But if you have time burning a hole in your schedule and you like DC superheroes, this movie is worth a watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started latest season of Lasso. First episode two and Sudekis's portrayal of Ted is absolutely getting in the way. After that, he seems to have settled back into the role and pulled back just enough on the aw shucks thing. About 4-5 episodes in and digging it.

Watched a few flicks over the weekend.

About My father with DeNiro and Sebastian Maniscalco. Pretty much Meet the Parents redux. It was exactly what you'd expect and I enjoyed it pretty much because of that? Also watched Wrath of Becky. Sequel to that home invsaion thing with Kevin James from a year or 2 ago? A little overboard on the overall setup but once it got started going bonkers; it was quite enjoyable if you dig that sort of thing.

We went and saw Nick Swardson do standup Saturday night so we dug up Grandma's Boy yesterday. JFC what a throwback to a previous era of comedy. Certainly raunchy :rofl

Finished the Natalie Grace series, which is great because by the end I hated everyone involved.

I started the first episode of the newest season and shut it off halfway through. I binged the other seasons last year and it shouldn’t feel as unfamiliar to me, but I felt like I was watching 30 minutes of a bunch of characters I couldn’t give a single f*ck about when watching that first episode, despite knowing their backstories. I’ll probably binge it all at some point though.
See also “Billions”. Unwatchable douchebags.

Back