What are we watching now?

But if there are some ones that seem more legit, I’m down!
I don't doubt there's legit unseen forces operating in realms we can't easily perceive, so if some of that stuff ends up getting captured in a video, I can believe it's real. But I don't necessarily buy the typical explanations, and I think much of it is faked and/or staged. People gonna do what they do because it's popular, and generates views.

I’ve been laughing my balls off at that skinwalker ranch show. As far as I can tell it’s a bunch of guys with a ton of tech that NONE of them understand, and every time their experiments predictably fail…OMG ITS ALIENS!!

Aside from that I’ve been finishing up Ted Lasso, which honestly has been a huge breath of fresh air in its unrelenting positivity. Sometimes life’s heaviness weighs on me more than it should, and this one always pulls me out.

Oh, and I’m wrapping up my dozenth rewatch of Band of Brothers. I try to watch it every other year or so just to keep some context around what life has been like for those who came before me. Both my grandfathers were world war vets. My paternal grandfather expired this year at 94 and was a fucking machine. Came back from the war, turned around and volunteered to go fight in Korea. Said he wasn’t interested in waiting around for someone else to do it. A damn legend.

I broke my own rules and started watching The Patriot on prime, even though it's a few years old and only made it 2 seasons.

It's dark and absurd.. kinda reminds me of Barry.

I love this kind of s**t! :love

Hahahah I’ll check this out later. Got some greeeeeatttt stuff last weekend that’s so dank it almost smells like burnt rubber once it’s lit. I’ve been sleeping like a baby all week!!

I just chanced on the Yellowstone prequels: 1883 and 1923. I got hooked! I look forward to watching Yellowstone over the summer!

Hahahah I’ll check this out later. Got some greeeeeatttt stuff last weekend that’s so dank it almost smells like burnt rubber once it’s lit. I’ve been sleeping like a baby all week!!

Nice! ::chef:clint

There is an entire series on Youtube with them chasing landrace strains all over the Planet.

Also been reading a book on the history of cannabis usage and how once upon a time in
America you could order Cannabis Tinctures and Hash through the Sears and Roebuck mail
order catalog.

5aad6c_da031ea687ce48ce8b5ea58bc90dda30~mv2.jpg

5aad6c_4a4396ea18d3436aaa74fc15b8a11d7a~mv2.jpeg

Nice! ::chef:clint

There is an entire series on Youtube with them chasing landrace strains all over the Planet.

Also been reading a book on the history of cannabis usage and how once upon a time in
America you could order Cannabis Tinctures and Hash through the Sears and Roebuck mail
order catalog.

5aad6c_da031ea687ce48ce8b5ea58bc90dda30~mv2.jpg

5aad6c_4a4396ea18d3436aaa74fc15b8a11d7a~mv2.jpeg

Used to be able to get cocaine and heroin the same way!

I knew that about Cocaine and Heroine---though not sure if they were ever available in raw and undiluted
form via mail order. Just had never known about how prevalent Cannabis and Hashish were, and so readily
available.

I also think you could order/send women and children via the mail in the 19th Century. Not banned until 1914.

We are making progress, right? :idk

Last edited:
Been watching Fubar on Netflix. Kind of a Santa Clarita if it was written for Schwarzenegger. Pretty light but actually really good.
Started watching it and it's entertaining, but also very poorly written. Few of the jokes manage to land and it's incredibly full of exposition. The writers must've been sleeping during the "show, don't tell" class in school. I like Arnie and Monica Barbaro's characters' dynamic but the rest of "the crew" are awful.

Started watching it and it's entertaining, but also very poorly written. Few of the jokes manage to land and it's incredibly full of exposition. The writers must've been sleeping during the "show, don't tell" class in school. I like Arnie and Monica Barbaro's characters' dynamic but the rest of "the crew" are awful.
Santa Clarita for Schwarzenegger ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :grin

We are on a bit of a losing streak. Had to dump two shows in a row mid-episode. As in pause, ask wife, "Are you enjoying this, like, at all?*" Click.

Lucky Hank. Bob Odenkirk? Sign me up! Three episodes in: "JFC I think I like watching my real life better than these particular fake ones. Just turn off the television and I'll watch my toenails grow or something."

White House Plumbers. '70s period piece based on historical/ political events, quirky cast and stylish execution? Sign me up! Two episodes in: "Too many names; not enough interest; this dude's big moustache does not constitute character development; nothing here is funny. I'd rather just watch a documentary, or read a book on the subject."

Servant: We took a stab at this even though I consistently hate everything M. Night Shamalangadingdong does. We almost ditched it in the first season because it was so slow, and events and characters' decisions (seem to?) make no sense. Stuck it out mainly for wont of anything better to watch. Now we're hooked in spite of ourselves, and in spite of a sometimes plodding, meandering script. Rupert "Ron Weasley" Grint, it turns out, is a pretty excellent actor, and perfect in this role.

*Keep your comments to yourselves, boys. ;)

Last edited:
We are on a bit of a losing streak. Had to dump two shows in a row mid-episode. As in pause, ask wife, "Are you enjoying this, like, at all?*" Click.

Lucky Hank. Bob Odenkirk? Sign me up! Three episodes in: "JFC I think I like watching my real life better than these particular fake ones. Just turn off the television and I'll watch my toenails grow or something."

White House Plumbers. '70s period piece based on historical/ political events, quirky cast and stylish execution? Sign me up! Two episodes in: "Too many names; not enough interest; this dude's big moustache does not constitute character development; nothing here is funny. I'd rather just watch a documentary, or read a book on the subject."

Servant: We took a stab at this even though I consistently hate everything M. Night Shamalangadingdong does. We almost ditched it in the first season because it was so slow, and events and characters' decisions (seem to?) make no sense. Stuck it out mainly for wont of anything better to watch. Now we're hooked in spite of ourselves, and in spite of a sometimes plodding, meandering script. Rupert "Ron Weasley" Grint, it turns out, is a pretty excellent actor, and perfect in this role.

*Keep your comments to yourselves, boys. ;)
I figured Hank would be a bust for me. I thought the White House Plumbers looked like it should be great but from your description; eh. We watched the first 2(?) seasons of Servant. I like M. Night for the most part. The whole Speilberg aspirations is charming now and then. I feel like this could have been much better if he stopped with the M. Night stuff after a certain point and just got down to business of being creepy. Grint is awesome in this.

Started a short run HBO series (on Max, the new "revamped" HBO/Discovery/JFCIdroppedcablesowhy streaming service) called Burden of Proof. Brother is trying to find out what happened to his sister who disappeared in 1987 and thinks his parents did it. 2 episodes in so far and it's interesting. Only 4 episodes so that is actually nice. Hopefully they can wrap it up but I am betting there isn't a clean resolution of the situation.

Last edited:
Started a short run HBO series (on Max, the new "revamped" HBO/Discovery/JFCIdroppedcablesowhy streaming service). Brother is trying to find out what happened to his sister who disappeared in 1987 and thinks his parents did it. 2 episodes in so far and it's interesting. Only 4 episodes so that is actually nice. Hopefully they can wrap it up but I am betting there isn't a clean resolution of the situation.
Does this show have a name? ;)

I figured Hank would be a bust for me. I thought the White House Plumbers looked like it should be great but from your description; eh. We watched the first 2(?) seasons of Servant. I like M. Night for the most part. The whole Speilberg aspirations is charming now and then. I feel like this could have been much better if he stopped with the M. Night stuff after a certain point and just got down to business of being creepy. Grint is awesome in this.
Hank has some great moments, but everything in between is either cringe or snore. White House Plumbers... man, it sounded like the perfect formula for me, personally. File under, "How Did You Manage to Make THIS So Dull?"

Grint is great. All of the acting is great, if (intentionally?) overstated. This woman shows up in Season 3, and in one scene does more Acting with a capital A than you'll see in most entire films:

MV5BNDYwNWRlYWYtMDdkMi00Yzg1LWJhOTQtYjBkYWQxN2Q1ZWMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjEwNTM2Mzc@._V1_QL75_UY281_CR116,0,190,281_.jpg

(Edited to replace with a much smaller image that actually works here?)

Back