What are we watching now?

Lost is in my top 3 favorites of all time, with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. I can understand why a lot of people didn’t dig it, especially the ending as it’s a bit of a ‘create your own ending’ (especially if you don’t pay attention) but man, I’ve never had a show make me want to be a part of it as much as Lost. I still want to move to the island.

Lost is a show that’ll keep on riding on constant cliffhangers and “WTF?”, some stuff won’t get answered but I thought everything else going on made up for it. I love it more each time I watch it because there’s a LOT of sh*t you don’t catch the 1st, 2nd or 3rd times watching it.
Hey. I remember watching the first season on tv. But then I never saw anymore. Is the show "complete" nowadays. Like... does it end. Is it worth going through the whole thing?

I Am A Killer on Netflix. Common thread in many of these is growing up without a father, or having one that is abusive. Generally things don't turn out well for those not taught the important types of things that a father needs to teach his son.

Finally getting around to Ted Lasso. This is good stuff. Expected it to be more slapstick comedy, but surprisingly has a soul to it.
Most of these shows are just frameworks for high quality soap operas, when you get right down to it. They sink or swim depending on whether the characters are compelling. The characters in Ted Lasso are all fantastic.

So started the latest Jurassic Park last night. I have lost track how many there are after the original 3 because Chris Pratt overload. Didn't finish because it pretty much sucked for the duration of time watched it. I will say the girl (who is a DNA spliced clone or something? Was a real slog staying awake to catch the "plot" :wat) had the worst english accent I have ever heard. Which was a spot I'd say was previously filled by Keanu in Interview With A Vampire. I realized after a quick IMDB perusal that she actually is British.
:wat

I also see there is a new Knives Out coming with Daniel Craig reprising his role using the worst southern accent committed to film. Ugh.

I Am A Killer on Netflix. Common thread in many of these is growing up without a father, or having one that is abusive. Generally things don't turn out well for those not taught the important types of things that a father needs to teach his son.

Yeah kind of hard to argue with the numbers.

I don’t know what to watch right now so I’ve been watching Brooklyn 99 again.

I’m also watching She-Hulk but the only reason I’m still going is just because it’s the only Marvel I haven’t watched yet. By far my least favorite thing they’ve ever done though.

We are on the latest season of Cobra Kai. It's exactly as to be expected. Good (enough) so far. I kind of miss the terrible Terry Silver acting style :bag

Finally getting around to Ted Lasso. This is good stuff. Expected it to be more slapstick comedy, but surprisingly has a soul to it.
Yes! I was really surprised at how great it was, and that Ted was more than just a buffoon, but had heart, etc. And the characters were all great. Really well done.

So started the latest Jurassic Park last night. I have lost track how many there are after the original 3 because Chris Pratt overload. Didn't finish because it pretty much sucked for the duration of time watched it. I will say the girl (who is a DNA spliced clone or something? Was a real slog staying awake to catch the "plot" :wat) had the worst english accent I have ever heard. Which was a spot I'd say was previously filled by Keanu in Interview With A Vampire. I realized after a quick IMDB perusal that she actually is British.
:wat

I also see there is a new Knives Out coming with Daniel Craig reprising his role using the worst southern accent committed to film. Ugh.

I am so confused right now; I LOVED Knives Out and for some reason had it in my head it was a Guy Ritchie movie. I thought it was odd he was doing a sequel because that’s never really been his thing, now I’m reading that Guy Ritchie had nothing to do with it and I inserted him in there myself. I’m just going to say this was a Mandala Effect and Guy Ritchie did the first movie.

Finished up latest season of Cobra Kai. Was good generally speaking. The power of nostalgia is strong enough to make you not get irritated but something you would normally NOT like. Thomas Ian Griffith has really upped his acting chops. As much as I complained about it before; I kinda miss the raging 80s Terry Silver portrayal :bag

Finished up latest season of Cobra Kai. Was good generally speaking. The power of nostalgia is strong enough to make you not get irritated but something you would normally NOT like. Thomas Ian Griffith has really upped his acting chops. As much as I complained about it before; I kinda miss the raging 80s Terry Silver portrayal :bag

Dude I bailed about halfway through the first season. It had an after school special vibe we couldn’t get over. Does it warm up as it goes?

Dude I bailed about halfway through the first season. It had an after school special vibe we couldn’t get over. Does it warm up as it goes?
Afterschool special all the way. What saves it for me is the HUGE nostalgia I have for the series and the comedy delivered by Johnny. That dude is much funnier than I would have ever have imagined.

Finished season 1 of Ted Lasso. Really good show. On to season 2.

giphy.gif

Back