What are we watching now?

Oh and they are currently filming the show DUST right down the street from where I live.

Just finished up the third season of The Umbrella Academy. Loved the first two but found the last one pretty tedious, actually. Just TOO DAMNED MUCH "clever", and not enough character development/ charisma to back it up. After a point (actually about 5 minutes in) it just felt like a random mess to me.

Finally watching the latest season of Better Call Saul. No (unmarked) spoilers, please. :)

Just finished up the third season of The Umbrella Academy. Loved the first two but found the last one pretty tedious, actually. Just TOO DAMNED MUCH "clever", and not enough character development/ charisma to back it up. After a point (actually about 5 minutes in) it just felt like a random mess to me.

Finally watching the latest season of Better Call Saul. No (unmarked) spoilers, please. :)

I tried Umbrella Academy but for whatever reason it didn't keep me interested and lost me after like 2 episodes. Typically I like fantastical stuff like that. Maybe I will try again.

Man that was straight up the best show I’ve watched in like 3 years.

I’m about to start Californication for like the 4th time…

Hahahah I learned about that show from a manager/friend of mine from the restaurant business after she asked if I was watching it. “Oh my god, Andrew, are you watching Californication?!? You HAVE to!! Remember when the host punched you behind Chili’s? Just watch the show and tell me it doesn’t remind me of you.”

When I was in my early 20’s I was over the top with some behaviors and while I never had anywhere near the kind of luck Hank Moody did, I definitely had the drama aspects that come along with shitting where you eat in a restaurant. I was “seeing” a host at the same time I was “seeing” a server and eventually they found out about each other, during a break between shifts I had an ‘encounter’ with the host behind the restaurant in her car and immediately after, I’m not even sure I could say “after”, she socked me in the face. (The punch was the only similarity, the host was of legal age! :rofl)

I fell in love with that show the second I saw that scene. I need to re-watch it, I haven’t seen it since the last season aired. Hank Moody might give me some hope for my oncoming 40’s.

I tried Umbrella Academy but for whatever reason it didn't keep me interested and lost me after like 2 episodes. Typically I like fantastical stuff like that. Maybe I will try again.

I LOVED that show. Keep up with it, it‘s worth it. S3 gave way to a little pandering that almost took away from the main story, but it gets back on track quickly. Kind of like The Boys with having superheroes that aren’t perfect people, a lot of UA mirrors that.

I LOVED that show. Keep up with it, it‘s worth it. S3 gave way to a little pandering that almost took away from the main story, but it gets back on track quickly. Kind of like The Boys with having superheroes that aren’t perfect people, a lot of UA mirrors that.

Yeah I think I will give it another go. Like guitar stuff maybe it was my mood at the time when I tried. I tend to binge stuff so it was a single day that I tried watching it. Now the show Lost? I tried getting through 3 episodes of that on 4 different occasions and it "Lost" me every time. Same with GOT, I just couldn't get into it.

Yeah I think I will give it another go. Like guitar stuff maybe it was my mood at the time when I tried. I tend to binge stuff so it was a single day that I tried watching it. Now the show Lost? I tried getting through 3 episodes of that on 4 different occasions and it "Lost" me every time. Same with GOT, I just couldn't get into it.

Lost is in my top 3 favorites of all time, with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. I can understand why a lot of people didn’t dig it, especially the ending as it’s a bit of a ‘create your own ending’ (especially if you don’t pay attention) but man, I’ve never had a show make me want to be a part of it as much as Lost. I still want to move to the island.

Lost is a show that’ll keep on riding on constant cliffhangers and “WTF?”, some stuff won’t get answered but I thought everything else going on made up for it. I love it more each time I watch it because there’s a LOT of sh*t you don’t catch the 1st, 2nd or 3rd times watching it.

It has some really great characters, but you have to get far enough in to get invested in/ appreciate them. But in the third season I felt like it started trying too hard, and with so many plot devices to juggle, the characters were diminished. (No help that the plot devices started to become rather arbitrary IMO.)

There's another show called The Mysterious Benedict Society which is similar in a lot of ways. Despite being, ostensibly, a kid's show, I thought it was really excellent. (And all the better if you happen to need something family-friendly.)

Lost is in my top 3 favorites of all time, with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. I can understand why a lot of people didn’t dig it, especially the ending as it’s a bit of a ‘create your own ending’ (especially if you don’t pay attention) but man, I’ve never had a show make me want to be a part of it as much as Lost. I still want to move to the island.

Lost is a show that’ll keep on riding on constant cliffhangers and “WTF?”, some stuff won’t get answered but I thought everything else going on made up for it. I love it more each time I watch it because there’s a LOT of sh*t you don’t catch the 1st, 2nd or 3rd times watching it.

And.....

I liked Billions, but found it got kinda lame in the later seasons (like most shows that get stretched out longer than they should have. Better Call Saul, for example.)
i think you have to be in the industry to like it as much as i do.

Billions was awesome first 3-4 seasons for me. Then not so much (still watching it). Succession is also a favorite of mine.

Need to start Westworld Season 4 (S3 was meh) and started House of the Dragon (so far so good).

Billions was awesome first 3-4 seasons for me. Then not so much (still watching it). Succession is also a favorite of mine.

Need to start Westworld Season 4 (S3 was meh) and started House of the Dragon (so far so good).
succession was a little too "so rich that the whole family is figuratively a bunch of cannibals who will eat their own young" for me.
still, it is an interesting series.

Stranger Things with my son. Im actually quite hooked, its exciting and sometimes I get really nervous... those kids...

I kinda feel for Steve, and Hopper. They are the two that cares the most and obviously gets beaten up the most. Eleven annoys me, because she's like Frodo... I hate Frodo and the whole climbing up the mountain and crying thing that lasted forever.

Back