What are we watching now?

I need to get back on Cobra Kai, I started it last year but life went crazy and I just forgot about it.

I watched The Sister on Hulu in the last couple days; a solid meh. It was one of those shows where I finished it just because I started it, but I spent the whole 4 episodes waiting for it to really pick up.

I‘m really curious about the after-thoughts of writers/producers for shows like this; there was obviously some effort and money put into the show, it wasn’t poorly done, but there was no real pay off. Like the writer was really inspired and the way the story in their head worked out was exciting, but by the time the finished product was on a TV it just didn’t translate well. That’s quite the difference from writing a song in a DAW in your home studio and not being stoked with it after, ya know?

I’d love to see a compilation of actors/directors/producers talking about working on projects they realized partway through was going to be a pile of sh*t.

Finished season 1 of Ted Lasso. Really good show. On to season 2.

giphy.gif
What's Up With That is a classic sketch series really built on Sudekis' dance skills alone.

You know what I used to like and look forward to a new season of but now want the GD thing to finish the h#ll up already? Handmaid's Tale. For god's sakes; just exact your revenge and GTFO :wat Quit smuggling yourself back in :oops::mad:

Season 4 could have been the final season and I wouldn’t have been upset, I didn’t even realize there was going to be a S5 until I saw it pop up on Hulu the other day. It’s looking like they’re just going to turn June into a serial killer.

Season 4 could have been the final season and I wouldn’t have been upset, I didn’t even realize there was going to be a S5 until I saw it pop up on Hulu the other day. It’s looking like they’re just going to turn June into a serial killer.
She needs to start killing then. Instead of absolutely seething into the camera every scene and grinding her teeth :oops:

Handmaiden's Tale had its moments, and then a lot of good moments until the last season. They should have ended it on a high note. I think I like the Rings of Power more than the new season so far.

Started watching the Imperfects. Starts with the cringiest Rockband-esqe music you'll ever hear but the show itself is turning out to be pretty good.

Dude I bailed about halfway through the first season. It had an after school special vibe we couldn’t get over. Does it warm up as it goes?
I bailed after the trailer for the same reason. And black belts or no, I just don’t think I could stomach a full season of children saying tough guy lines like “wanna go?” and “watch yourself…” Blarf.

Handmaiden's Tale had its moments, and then a lot of good moments until the last season. They should have ended it on a high note. I think I like the Rings of Power more than the new season so far.

Started watching the Imperfects. Starts with the cringiest Rockband-esqe music you'll ever hear but the show itself is turning out to be pretty good.
I’m working on this one right now, but not finding the cast sufficiently charismatic. Netflix bills this as “a cross between Umbrella Academy and The Boys” and I would suggest that perhaps they not pat themselves on the back quite so hard. :D

Last edited:
Fans of Ted Lasso should also consider The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Especially if you dig 20th century period pieces. Similarly a soap opera wrapped in a “situation”, with amazing characters and dialog. Even if the main character is sometimes unbearable.

Fans of Ted Lasso should also consider The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Especially if you dig 20th century period pieces. Similarly a soap opera wrapped in a “situation”, with amazing characters and dialog. Even if the main character is sometimes unbearable.
This show is great the first 2(?) seasons then the last season, for me at least; it hit a HARD wall for no real discernable reason and I just couldn't get back on board. Which is too bad because we really liked the first 2 seasons.

This show is great the first 2(?) seasons then the last season, for me at least; it hit a HARD wall for no real discernable reason and I just couldn't get back on board. Which is too bad because we really liked the first 2 seasons.
Agree on all counts. S3 “one time at camp” sucked (comparatively.) Trust me, watch S4. If you liked 1&2 it will be worth your time.

And buy a QC while you’re at it. ;)

Agree on all counts. S3 “one time at camp” sucked (comparatively.) Trust me, watch S4. If you liked 1&2 it will be worth your time.

And buy a QC while you’re at it. ;)
Maybe we watched up through 3? If there are now 4? I know we liked it, then tried to watch the latest season where she was coming home after getting kicked off that tour.Don't know what it is but don't think we even finished the first episode.

Maybe we watched up through 3? If there are now 4? I know we liked it, then tried to watch the latest season where she was coming home after getting kicked off that tour.Don't know what it is but don't think we even finished the first episode.
Maybe I misunderstood (and got some of the timeline out of order.) I think you watched the first episode of the latest season. (I’m not certain whether that’s 3 or 4 either, now.) Anyway I wound up really liking it; maybe the best of the series. I’m looking forward to more.

I sometimes like to go back to childhood and watch forgotten shows, especially if I couldn't watch all the episodes as a child (no internet back then, or our TV station just stopped buying them).
I'm currently watching "Automan". It's SO bad :rofl

Maybe I misunderstood (and got some of the timeline out of order.) I think you watched the first episode of the latest season. (I’m not certain whether that’s 3 or 4 either, now.) Anyway I wound up really liking it; maybe the best of the series. I’m looking forward to more.
Yep I believe we are current. Maybe we'll revisit it again.

Back