What are we watching now?

You should get Cycle of the Werewolf if you haven't picked it up yet. It's great. Very different from his usual books. I like some of King's writing, but after a certain point, his books are mostly awful. Regardless, after a few of them, he got very verbose and my mom has always joked that he got paid by the word.

He needs to have his publisher's go, "Okay, skip this section (box around particular section) if you do not give a fuck about the history of a bar rag."
It was a graphic novel, right? IIRC, I read it decades ago and remember loving it. I read the heck out of King when I was a kid as he came up on the scene basically as I came of age. I have a LOT of nostalgia for his stuff, even when it's some of the most over-done writing ever. Every once in a while I will pick up something from his modern era and I feel like he has gotten better at it? My consumption of books has been terrible since becoming an adult :(

It was a graphic novel, right? IIRC, I read it decades ago and remember loving it. I read the heck out of King when I was a kid as he came up on the scene basically as I came of age. I have a LOT of nostalgia for his stuff, even when it's some of the most over-done writing ever. Every once in a while I will pick up something from his modern era and I feel like he has gotten better at it? My consumption of books has been terrible since becoming an adult :(
My girlfriend and I go to the book store weekly, so I can't relate. In fact, I ordered the autobiographies of Nick Menza, David Ellefson, Frank Bello, Scott Ian, and Yngwie Malmsteen, plus I awaiting Marty Friedman's book in December. Once I have Marty's book in December, I will have the autobiographies of all four members of the RIP-Cryptic Writings lineup.

My girlfriend and I go to the book store weekly, so I can't relate. In fact, I ordered the autobiographies of Nick Menza, David Ellefson, Frank Bello, Scott Ian, and Yngwie Malmsteen, plus I awaiting Marty Friedman's book in December. Once I have Marty's book in December, I will have the autobiographies of all four members of the RIP-Cryptic Writings lineup.
Very interested in the Menza book. I have the Mustaine one at home. Next one I will grab will probably be the Alex Van Halen one :unsure:

Very interested in the Menza book. I have the Mustaine one at home. Next one I will grab will probably be the Alex Van Halen one :unsure:
Do not lose that book. I'm not sure why, but I was seeing some listings on Amazon at like 70+ dollars. Not sure if it is now OOP or what the deal was.

Honestly, I don't find Alex too interesting by himself, and calling the book "Brothers," with the obvious notion of focusing on he and Eddie being brothers, was probably for the best. Then again, maybe he's more of an introvert and more interesting than he appears.

Do not lose that book. I'm not sure why, but I was seeing some listings on Amazon at like 70+ dollars. Not sure if it is now OOP or what the deal was.

Honestly, I don't find Alex too interesting by himself, and calling the book "Brothers," with the obvious notion of focusing on he and Eddie being brothers, was probably for the best. Then again, maybe he's more of an introvert and more interesting than he appears.
Yeah with Alex; always loved his drumming. The trope of him being underrated is real yet it's true to my ears. I don't know how much into the 'nitty gritty' he's going to go. Or not go. I have the Sammy book and it's definitely Blabbermouth-fodder.. I still enjoyed it though?

Yeah with Alex; always loved his drumming. The trope of him being underrated is real yet it's true to my ears. I don't know how much into the 'nitty gritty' he's going to go. Or not go. I have the Sammy book and it's definitely Blabbermouth-fodder.. I still enjoyed it though?
Sammy's book commented on stuff the fans already knew. There was either a photo or video with Dave Friedman if memory serves and there are marks all over an amp. I think people were saying the marks were from a meth pipe or something like that.

Just tried Mortal Engines for the 2nd time. And just like the first time, the plot and the acting fell completely into one of those gigantic tracks those rolling cities made, but due to the absolutely amazing visual effects, this time I didn't fall asleep. :LOL:

It was cool enough that I'd love to see more like it, but with more originality and better character development. I mean, it really drew me in at the beginning...., then pretty much sucked.

They got this new sort of docudrama series on the Sundance channel name of The Taillor of Sin City. I think some of the recollections by the main character may be exaggerated, but it's interesting insight about the mafia in Vegas and Pablo Escobar as well as a portrayal of the times.

Back