What are we watching now?

His Dr. Loomis is a fucking abomination :poop::ROFLMAO:
So, being booked as a heel and being disliked, you're saying he was successful in his portrayal of the character? He did his job then, right?

"I hate that wrestler! He's awful."
"That's kind of the point; he's a fucking heel, dude."
"Yeah, but I really detest him."
"That... is the... fucking point. He's a goddamn heel, you're supposed to want to throw shit at him. That's kind of why he was booked a heel."

Then again, people don't get heel turns in TV shows, so whatever.

So, being booked as a heel and being disliked, you're saying he was successful in his portrayal of the character? He did his job then, right?

"I hate that wrestler! He's awful."
"That's kind of the point; he's a fucking heel, dude."
"Yeah, but I really detest him."
"That... is the... fucking point. He's a goddamn heel, you're supposed to want to throw shit at him. That's kind of why he was booked a heel."

Then again, people don't get heel turns in TV shows, so whatever.
The problem is Loomis wasn't a heel. Until Rob Zombie came along and also decided Michael needed a backstory :wat:poop::ROFLMAO:

The problem is Loomis wasn't a heel. Until Rob Zombie came along and also decided Michael needed a backstory :wat:poop::ROFLMAO:
You haven't watched 5, have you? Tell me you haven't watched Halloween 5 without telling me you absolutely have not watched Halloween 5.

Besides that, I didn't say that Loomis was a heel in John Carpenter's version. Furthermore, his paranoia ends up getting Ben Tramer killed and commandeered (essentially kidnapped) a police officer in 2.

Started this movie the other night and finished just now. A summary on Beethoven's final days with flashbacks to his early life. Interesting and well done, and it's in German with English subtitles.

We've been binge-watching Barry lately. Bill Hader and Henry Winkler are so good in this.

Winkler's role gets funnier if you think his Gene Cousineau character in Barry is a past or future version of Barry Zuckercorn in Arrested Development.

henry winkler barry zuckercorn GIF

Watched Salem's Lot (seemingly 15th?) remake on MAX last night. Was something in front of my eyeballs but that was about it. Mainly shocked at how bad Alfre Woodard was more than anything?

Watched Salem's Lot (seemingly 15th?) remake on MAX last night. Was something in front of my eyeballs but that was about it. Mainly shocked at how bad Alfre Woodard was more than anything?
I think I'll stick to the original. The part with Boom Boom Bonnie getting caught was fucking great. Plus, the kid hovering outside the bedroom window is pretty iconic in horror. I'm willing to bet this remake either goes far too over the top or is just checking shit off and smeared in that godawful horror filter.

I think I'll stick to the original. The part with Boom Boom Bonnie getting caught was fucking great. Plus, the kid hovering outside the bedroom window is pretty iconic in horror. I'm willing to bet this remake either goes far too over the top or is just checking shit off and smeared in that godawful horror filter.
Probably a safe bet. It's weird. Individual pieces of this were good. The hovering kid was actually fairly creepy in this one and visually done well. As well as the method of expelling of the vampires. And the actor who played Barlow did great. Matt Burke actor was great as well.

But the overall vibe and almost afterschool special style of storyline just didn't grab me. I did see there was a version back in the early 2000s with Rutger Hauer and Andre Braugher and I might give that one a go as I've never seen it? I saw you were watching Silver Bullet up top and I prefer that greatly as far as King takes on classic monster stuff.

Probably a safe bet. It's weird. Individual pieces of this were good. The hovering kid was actually fairly creepy in this one and visually done well. As well as the method of expelling of the vampires. And the actor who played Barlow did great. Matt Burke actor was great as well.

But the overall vibe and almost afterschool special style of storyline just didn't grab me. I did see there was a version back in the early 2000s with Rutger Hauer and Andre Braugher and I might give that one a go as I've never seen it? I saw you were watching Silver Bullet up top and I prefer that greatly as far as King takes on classic monster stuff.
You should get Cycle of the Werewolf if you haven't picked it up yet. It's great. Very different from his usual books. I like some of King's writing, but after a certain point, his books are mostly awful. Regardless, after a few of them, he got very verbose and my mom has always joked that he got paid by the word.

He needs to have his publisher's go, "Okay, skip this section (box around particular section) if you do not give a fuck about the history of a bar rag."

Back