What are we watching now?

We watched the first couple of minutes of Penguin yesterday (just up to the opening credits), and it looks very promising.

Still trying to muscle through S2 of Rings of Power: People Talking Very Slowly in Very Dark Places.
I really liked the first episode. Colin Farrel is awesome as expected. There is a bit of a more humorous tone than I expected but it didn't feel out of place.

To me the most surprising Colin Farrell performance was The Banshees of Inisherin. He is so good at playing badasses that when he goes in the opposite direction it's mind-blowing. He is an incredible actor.
I don't think I've ever seen that one. In the movie that opened my eyes to his talent, he played a down and out alcoholic father... and that's about all I can remember. Incredible performance.

This Penguin role is amazing. I'd never have guessed that was him under all the prosthetics.

To me the most surprising Colin Farrell performance was The Banshees of Inisherin. He is so good at playing badasses that when he goes in the opposite direction it's mind-blowing. He is an incredible actor.
He's great even in stuff you shouldn't necessarily like. Fright Night remake, Miami Vice, just things I would normally take a hard pass on. He was great in the OG Daredevil as Bullseye even. He kind of is a more serious Sam Rockwell. That same kind of super likable and can do about anything kind of playing himself but also playing all sorts of characters.

Got some cheap theater tickets and went to see Lee. It was ok...but it felt like it didn't quite know what story it wanted to tell, and felt like it took a long time in scenes that didn't quite advance the plot.

Alexander Skarsgård as a Brit was not a great casting choice, even if he looks a lot like the real person his character is based on. Like they couldn't find someone actually British to play the role?

Andy Samberg seems to be moving to drama roles. His character unfortunately is given very little substance in this movies. He's basically just there and we don't learn a whole lot about the person the character is based on.

Back