What are we watching now?

People talk about the show being brilliant as if the entire thing was. I'd say the vast majority of episodes from the first 3 years pretty much suck.
Seinfeld went through massive growing pains until they found what really worked. From that point on we're talking lots of brilliant stuff.

If you ever want to give it another go start with season 5. (y)

Michael Scott Reaction GIF

:hmm

:LOL:

Last night we intended to watch a movie, but we were both really tired. I've gotten my wife to start to watch an Honest Trailer and a Pitch Meeting on YouTube each night, because they're so hilarious. I especially love the Pitch Meetings by Ryan George. Anyway, last night we just watched one Pitch Meeting after another until we feel asleep. This one was particularly good:

Just watched In A Violent Nature. Basically; Jason-alternative from his POV. EXCELLENT kills but they should have done some judicious editing (to say the least) and treat it like the old school slasher it was but do it in a traditional film way vs. approach it like a video game. The lore was actually cool and as I said; gore was GREAT. I liked it but cutting it down by 15-20 minutes and flesh it out a bit differently and it would have been much better \m/

Last night we saw Worth on Netflix. That film was profound in its subject matter, directing beautifully, and acted perfectly. It's about assigning dollar amounts to the lives lost on September 11, and it's fucking brutal. The way it was done was just so great in every way. It reminded me of Spotlight in so many ways, not least of which following Michael Keaton through the fallout of terrible events.

I've listened to two or three interviews with the real guy, and in the interviews I always thought he's so cool in the face of the impossible assignmnts he's take on, for free. This film went behind that, and it really centered on the growth that he experienced going through this, which you can see would've influenced his assessment work for the Catholic sex abuse cases and every other abomination he's worked on.

It's a rare thing to see on film, a character that ends in a such different place than where they began. I wish I could see more of that.

We had begun the night watching Virtuosity, which I saw when it first came out of video. I remember thinking it was okay, but my memory was wrong. It's pure shit in every way. Great cast, pure shit. We let it go on for far too long, and we had to bail after forty minutes.

In short, if you have Netflix and can deal with some brutal subject matter, I highly recommend Worth.

We just watched And The Band Played On tonight. God, what hell. The film was incredible. Great directing and acting all the way around. I can't believe shit like this still goes on today. God bless all those who recognize humanity in others and respect it.

The film hit me so hard; it made me think of all those instances in which entire groups of people are considered expendable. I have to sit with this and just let it sink in.

I am so not a TV guy. :facepalm

I have an heard enough time listening to someone talk for 10 minutes straight let alone sit and
watch a movie for 3 hours. :brick

:rofl

I loaded Dune 2. 2 hours and 46 minutes. I didn't even start. :idk

Then I was all, "I'll watch Last Of Us." 10 minutes in: "I'll never make it the 1 hour and 21 minutes
of the 1sre episode."

Next! :hmm

So how about Curb Your Enthusiasm? I start episode 1 of Season 1 and get 10 minutes in before
I start to feel like my Dirty Old Uncle had an 8MM camera and decided to make home movies
of himself saying juvenile shit. :idk

So off the TV went and I ended up organizing and cleaning up my jam room. Built another
5 tier rack to store some gear, and feel saner knowing I was productive. :LOL:

Back