What are we watching now?

Fallout ramped up fairly quickly. The only negative is that I have to wait a year for the next season which looks like it may be set in New Vegas.
:rawk

We're still watching Monk as per my post last week. Season 2 is a marked improvement.

In the latest episode Ted Levine solves it instead of Monk and goes, "Uh-huh!" And I honestly thought he was going to follow it up with, "Oh wait! Was she a great, big, fat person?"
The one in Vegas is fun. I love Sharona; Natalie is kind of a mean bitch. Sharona was tough on Monk, but not a bitch.

Fall of Civilizations by Paul Cooper on YouTube. I tend to watch more YouTube than "real" TV these days.

The podcast comes on autoplay nonstop for me now, which I’m thankful for because before this it was the same 3 episodes of ToneTalk I’d be waking up to.

Definitely anxious to check out Fallout later tonight, I forgot that was coming up.

I know I bought Fallout 4 (I think it was that one) but I got maybe 20 minutes into it and gave up for some reason, I think another game came out I was more excited to play. Regardless, anything post-apocalyptic, I love.

The first episode of Fallout was pretty good. I like they kept the whimsy of the game. It would've been very easy to go the dark and gritty route.

My gf is enjoying it too. I haven't told her it's from a video game yet.

Fallout the TV show is OK? Really? I’m not doubting the people here, I’ve just been burned a few times with Games adapted to TV/Movies. Bob Hoskins’ career never recovered from Super Mario Bros.

After Halo, Uncharted, Resident Evil movies etc. (did The Witcher TV show ruin the books or games more?) I run away from Game adaptations. Maybe Fallout has cracked the code to do it well.

The first Resident Evil and actually that last one were great.
Perhaps we have different ideas of what "great" means. The first two movies were mediocre mindless action films, but nothing much to do with the games. I bailed at the 3rd.

YMMV

The first four Resident Evil games (more for some people) are considered all time classics, and among my favourites.

Making TV and Movie adaptations of video games is rarely successful, IMHO.

Again with "great" for a mediocre adaptation nowhere near as good as the game. The 2nd game was a failed stinker, so season 2...

Back