This looks pretty cool: Simplifier X

Link doesn't work anymore. Takes me to a Sweetwater search page.

I had the Simplifier DLX and while it sounded good, I couldn't use it because of how the channel routing worked. You can't switch between CH1 & CH2 and have different speaker sims per channel. Hacking that required an external mixer which I wasn't about to do. I wanted it for a pedalboard amp replacement.

Hopefully they've resolved that with this new one. Otherwise for me it's a non-starter as a pedalboard amp replacement.

Link doesn't work anymore. Takes me to a Sweetwater search page.

I had the Simplifier DLX and while it sounded good, I couldn't use it because of how the channel routing worked. You can't switch between CH1 & CH2 and have different speaker sims per channel. Hacking that required an external mixer which I wasn't about to do. I wanted it for a pedalboard amp replacement.

Hopefully they've resolved that with this new one. Otherwise for me it's a non-starter as a pedalboard amp replacement.
I think the new unit solves that problem. looks like it judging by the footswitch. Channel1/2, reverb. How was the reverb on the dlx? It looks like this one has plate/spring/somethin else I forget now. Also did it feel like an amp?

Having done the original Simplifier and the Deluxe version, I wouldn't hold my breath. It's a better Sansamp, but IMO doesn't compete with a good digital modeler.

I'd much rather throw $500 into a Friedman IR-X (or especially if they come out with a Twin Sister version).
The twin sister version is coming April 25th. It is the IR-D.

I think the new unit solves that problem. looks like it judging by the footswitch. Channel1/2, reverb. How was the reverb on the dlx? It looks like this one has plate/spring/somethin else I forget now. Also did it feel like an amp?
I can't remember the reverb. It felt ok to me but I returned it pretty fast when I realized it wasn't going to work for me.

This thing is pretty designed to be a pedal platform. I’d take an HRD as a pedal platform over any black panel amp. Or tweed amp.

Defenitely. Slap a pedal friendly speaker in (which I think they did with version III already, from all I seem to remember the Eminence ones from the first versions could sound harsh quickly) and it's a super-universal pedal platform already. Not too heavy, suffciently loud for pretty much anything, affordable, good looking (IMO at least), what else would you ask for?

Agreed. I swapped in a Celestion Century Vintage Neo in my George Benson Hot Rod Deluxe and paired with my Fractal Audio FX8 or FM9 it's a great gig rig.

26822361650_c3d4fe5bf8_b.jpg

It's a real shame, because I always want the Simplifier line of devices to be awesome, but the needle ain't really moving for me either... yet.
It’s gonna have to be real awesome to get me excited about something that costs a used stomp buck that is under the hood nothin’ but solid state.

No, digital is digital, in the context of tone generation.
digital is digital, tone generation = using big words without much sense. Just because a bunch of people use terms the wrong way doesn't make it right, just saying. All in good humour of course, no offence intended.

Last edited:
Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it isn't so. Digital != solid state.
Of course it is.
On the other hand this is the Internet so if in your opinion digital is not implemented using solid state circuits then it's just that ... your opinion, not fact.

Jesus Christ you're obtuse. The means of generating sound in a modeler isn't solid state. It may be amplified by a solid state amp of some sort, but the distortion, gain, or clean tone characteristics are not generated by solid state circuitry. Not directly. Yes, there are chips, IC's, etc in there. Those are not the means of generating the sound. The software/firmware is. Last I looked, there were no JFETs making my plugins work.
I suggest you do some learning about electronics and then come back. :unsure:

I'll wait. You said digital is solid state. I'm curious how an algorithm is solid state. Explain it to me.
It would be pointless to explain how a plugin written in a high level language - at least what the user interface presents - activates the semiconductors in your computer which is the epitome of solid state aka your CPU. Same thing with pedals. If it's digital it's orders of magnitude more solid state than a analog pedal which uses two transistors and a bunch of diodes.

:facepalm

It’s also pointless that you’re still not understanding the difference between a solid state amp that uses JFETs, and a plugin or modeler that is using algorithms. Yes. There’s solid state circuitry in this stuff. That’s not what I’m talking about.
You ain't talking about anything because you have no knowledge about any of this stuff. Let's stop here...

Back