The Marketplace

Some are really good! But they all seem to have inflated bass or chunk even when you don't think they should lol but that's just me, could be wrong

I heard the same thing. Too much bass and low mids. It sounded great for modern high gain, but it was a PITA to try to dial out when I didn’t want it.

I also didn’t like the way they transitioned into breakup. It was too abrupt and too early

Some are really good! But they all seem to have inflated bass or chunk even when you don't think they should lol but that's just me, could be wrong

Seems to be a trait of all NDSP amp models - including plugins. Most of that "it kicks like an real amp" thing you'll read from time to time is just an exaggerated bass boost.

Not that this can't be dialed out, and their models do sound good, but it is there.

Followers, for real? :facepalm
I thought it was guitar a modeler.
It's no different than following a YT channel. Let's say we have for example York Audio offering cab packs on the QC. Wouldn't you want to stay up to date with "York Audio just released a new cab pack!" notifications by following him? What it should not be is something like a popularity contest ala Instagram where X user has the most followers.

The idea is sound - give a single place for people to download free or paid captures, presets, cabs etc. But atm NeuralDSP has implemented the cloud system at "minimum viable product" level - leading to things like having to individually download a lot of captures and that sort of inconveniences that mostly affect people who are offering a lot of content.

For the average user they might have a dozen captures of their favorite amps, a handful of presets, and a few dozens of downloaded content and so on. That's not a problem to manage with the existing solution.

Cliff has stated that if it was up to him, there would only be FAS amps in the Axe. But it would never sell that way.
I agree i love the line6 original amps they sound great and then there is never any question of ...well it does not sound anything like the real thing, so if the Boss X Amps sound great and do what you like then its all good
after all amps are a variation of sorts based on the original schematics from RCA and Westinghouse

The only way to get 3rd party content onto the QC is via the Cortex Cloud, so whilst vendors *can* sell capture packs on their own website, unlike the Kemper where they can directly send you the files, or make them available on their website for download, with the QC they have to:

1. Sell the pack to a user
2. Identify said user on the Cortez Cloud.
3. Individually share each capture to that user.

This is obviously a terrible workflow if you a content creator.

Take this profile pack from Michael Britt - it contain 165 Kemper profiles.

View attachment 4194

Imagine trying to "sell" a QC pack containing 165 captures to 3 or 4 different users, when you have to send each capture individually...
Sure hope he has permission from Morgan.

I take great care of trademark infringement.

I also have 3 packs on the site if anyone is interested.

The MBritt one?

Not only did he have permission, Joe Morgan asked him to collaborate on making it
That's cool, I recall Joe saying he had no reason to release Kemper profiles due to the popularity of the rmpacheco ac20 profile.

That's cool, I recall Joe saying he had no reason to release Kemper profiles due to the popularity of the rmpacheco ac20 profile.
I always thought this was the most overhyped profile ever.

I always thought this was the most overhyped profile ever.
I turned all the adjustments to normal and it's average. Thing is, this and some other seller turn up the volume of the profile making it "seem" better. A bit shady IMO.

I bought my AC20 Dlx, old model built by Joe, just to see what I could do vs that profile.

Reactions: JT
Wow! This is a reason I'm so glad I went with Fractal. Just that whole "Gift of Tone" preset share was an amazing thing.

That being said, I'm sure FAS did this while thinking it would attract new customers. And for their sake, I hope it pays off in spades!

I have thought many times why not just make the FAS Box
Basically a small pedal like the Amplifire that has 10 or so FAS models on a dial , ir loader and simple verb or like the combo
Echo / Hall. Echo/ room. Spring
Models like
FAS CLASS A , FAS wrecker
Brown, Hot ROD , Modern, 6160 Boutique , Lead , he has enough
I think it would be fairly cool box and would sell a lot if it was in that 400 price point
Personally, just my own thoughts on the matter..., I think this sort of thing would cost Fractal the same amount as the FM3, and cut into business elsewhere to the point where it wouldn't be worth it for them.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they've considered doing it, but rejected the idea, in favor of: "You wanna get in on the FAS stuff, the entry point starts at a thousand bucks, but for that money, you get an absolutely killer amount of value, with all the various amps/cabs, the plethora of stellar effects, and the continuous support of updates and features, such as the recent GOT. If that's too much money, see how far that same grand gets you elsewhere."

any reason why you couldn't jailbreak a QC? Cant be that much worse than a cellphone.

Wow! This is a reason I'm so glad I went with Fractal. Just that whole "Gift of Tone" preset share was an amazing thing.
To be fair, NDSP did something similar last year, giving away free content from a variety of different artists in their "8 Presets" series.

Screenshot_20230206-071117.png

Back