The Marketplace

LOL!

This is why Line6 and Fractal dominate the market. They make a product that it's understood that will be improved and updated at no additional cost. This drives sales of the devices.

Neural want's to sell the device and then profit also from all the captures. I have no issue with them creating their own kick ass capture packs and selling them as long as the include a reasonable amount for free as well. Moronic business model.

Boss also sucks because their excuse is when they sell something it's all ready fully realized.
giphy.gif

Can you imagine what Cliff would have done with the GT-1000 in the last few years?

LOL!

This is why Line6 and Fractal dominate the market. They make a product that it's understood that will be improved and updated at no additional cost. This drives sales of the devices.

Neural want's to sell the device and then profit also from all the captures. I have no issue with them creating their own kick ass capture packs and selling them as long as the include a reasonable amount for free as well. Moronic business model.

Boss also sucks because their excuse is when they sell something it's all ready fully realized.
giphy.gif

Can you imagine what Cliff would have done with the GT-1000 in the last few years?
The GT, if someone gave an ACTUAL F*CK about the fact that people want amp models based on IRL amps and not all idealized original amps; would KILL. Boss is stupid.

The GT, if someone gave an ACTUAL F*CK about the fact that people want amp models based on IRL amps and not all idealized original amps; would KILL. Boss is stupid.
I never payed much attention to the GT. But aren't there only a fey "X-Amps" or whatever? Most are still COSM which is very old, shitty tech. Unless I'm misremembering.

I never payed much attention to the GT. But aren't there only a fey "X-Amps" or whatever? Most are still COSM which is very old, sh*tty tech. Unless I'm misremembering.
The AIRD "preamps" are GREAT. Generally speaking. Some of the lower gain COSM stuff is good. Fenders stuff. The idea that the idiots in the Boss modeling division think people don't want 5150s and Rectos and Friedmans and insert list of endless amps here in a modeler is proof positive that they are as head in the f**king sand as you can get.

The A/D is better and they have excellent clarity in the GT1000. The Core is a clunky mess (yay full signal chain with everything in it always). IR loading is a complete joke and routing flexibility is robust yet also absolutely idiotic.

IMO not having real world amps isn't that relevant, the fantasy amps just have to sound really good and cover what you'd typically want out of guitar amps.

But I digress because if Fractal were to ditch every one of their real amp models today and say you only get FAS models I'd be like "ok, totally fine with that" because they have proven they can already model amps at a high level.

Boss still seems to be largely working with the "let's make a new version every few years" playbook that Line6 used to run as well.

IMO not having real world amps isn't that relevant, the fantasy amps just have to sound really good and cover what you'd typically want out of guitar amps.

But I digress because if Fractal were to ditch every one of their real amp models today and say you only get FAS models I'd be like "ok, totally fine with that" because they have proven they can already model amps at a high level.

Boss still seems to be largely working with the "let's make a new version every few years" playbook that Line6 used to run as well.
You are the only one I have ever seen that thinks this. People buy modelers to get all the amps.

You are the only one I have ever seen that thinks this. People buy modelers to get all the amps.
Most people (including me) haven't even played the majority of the real amps modeled so how do they know whether it sounds like the real thing or not? I feel like it's more about collector mentality of having expensive/rare amps they would not buy otherwise. I can understand that as there was a time I would get excited getting new amp models on Fractal.

Now I just don't care what is being modeled as long as it sounds/feels the way I like. I like for example Line6's custom amp models a lot and there is no real world counterpart for those. I think they stand alongside all the classic amps they model just fine.

Most people (including me) haven't even played the majority of the real amps modeled so how do they know whether it sounds like the real thing or not?
I think we've all heard what specific amps sound like at the very least off our favorite records and songs. And at the end of the day that's what digital devices excel at to me, creating very accurate recorded tones. It seems to have made strides in the power amp plus cab realm but that's another discussion

Most people (including me) haven't even played the majority of the real amps modeled so how do they know whether it sounds like the real thing or not? I feel like it's more about collector mentality of having expensive/rare amps they would not buy otherwise. I can understand that as there was a time I would get excited getting new amp models on Fractal.

Now I just don't care what is being modeled as long as it sounds/feels the way I like. I like for example Line6's custom amp models a lot and there is no real world counterpart for those. I think they stand alongside all the classic amps they model just fine.
I have played/owned a decent amount of amps irl. I do like a lot of the original models across the platforms. But I also do want specific amps when it comes time for ir and Boss ALWAYS falls short in that regard.

Cliff has stated that if it was up to him, there would only be FAS amps in the Axe. But it would never sell that way.
I have thought many times why not just make the FAS Box
Basically a small pedal like the Amplifire that has 10 or so FAS models on a dial , ir loader and simple verb or like the combo
Echo / Hall. Echo/ room. Spring
Models like
FAS CLASS A , FAS wrecker
Brown, Hot ROD , Modern, 6160 Boutique , Lead , he has enough
I think it would be fairly cool box and would sell a lot if it was in that 400 price point

Besides the company, this is the single biggest problem I have with the QC and the main reason I have no interest in one.

1. I wasn’t impressed with any of the amp models
  2. I don’t have amps of my own to Capture
  3. There’s no chance I’m going to trust or rely on random free community content for professional work
So if it can’t provide me with something like the MBritt packs where I can pay for high quality trusted Captures that are well organized and cover lots of sonic territory cohesively, then the QC is useless to me.

Besides the company, this is the single biggest problem I have with the QC and the main reason I have no interest in one.

1. I wasn’t impressed with any of the amp models
  2. I don’t have amps of my own to Capture
  3. There’s no chance I’m going to trust or rely on random free community content for professional work
So if it can’t provide me with something like the MBritt packs where I can pay for high quality trusted Captures that are well organized and cover lots of sonic territory cohesively, then the QC is useless to me.
Yeah I would never choose the QC if I didn't plan on using captures. If you are looking for models, helix or fractal is what I would recommend. Not saying this to you as you have more experience than most of us lol but just in general

Yeah I would never choose the QC if I didn't plan on using captures. If you are looking for models, helix or fractal is what I would recommend. Not saying this to you as you have more experience than most of us lol but just in general

Yeah, I wasn’t impressed with the models. They’re not terrible, but they’re not great either

Back