The Helix in 2023... still worth it and fw3.7

Will Smith GIF

Despite being fully content in Fractal land, seeing the way Line 6 has catered to the customers along with DI’s interaction has made me want to pick up a Stomp just to play around with and experience it. I’ve got a few other ‘priority’ items to get before that’ll happen, but it’ll happen eventually.

I think for being the size of the company Yamaha/Line 6 is, they’ve done a bang up job at delivering a unit to keep people happy for a long time.

Someone mentioned in the TMP thread the other day that Line 6 should learn from FAS and the mistakes of NDSP/Fender, but I dunno about that. I think all the other modeling companies should be looking at Fractal and Line 6 as the two ends of the spectrum (privately owned business/corporation) and how they’ve gone about meeting customer satisfaction. Communication in this area is HUGE and the biggest difference I see at a face level. You cannot beat either comapany for the customer facing communication and I fully believe that aspect will be the make or break factor for longevity with the other modeling companies.

Despite being fully content in Fractal land, seeing the way Line 6 has catered to the customers along with DI’s interaction has made me want to pick up a Stomp just to play around with and experience it. I’ve got a few other ‘priority’ items to get before that’ll happen, but it’ll happen eventually.

I think for being the size of the company Yamaha/Line 6 is, they’ve done a bang up job at delivering a unit to keep people happy for a long time.

Someone mentioned in the TMP thread the other day that Line 6 should learn from FAS and the mistakes of NDSP/Fender, but I dunno about that. I think all the other modeling companies should be looking at Fractal and Line 6 as the two ends of the spectrum (privately owned business/corporation) and how they’ve gone about meeting customer satisfaction. Communication in this area is HUGE and the biggest difference I see at a face level. You cannot beat either comapany for the customer facing communication and I fully believe that aspect will be the make or break factor for longevity with the other modeling companies.
I happily own both FAS and L6 gear for this reason. Preferences aside, I love supporting companies that do good by their customers, and because of that, I have more toys at my disposal.

The Helix units are great. I'd have no issue using one at all. I think they sound solid!
It's been out since 2016 and they continue to develop for it so a good commitment from Line 6 on the product.
I'm looking forward to what they come out with next.

and pray that they actually include a Bogner XTC and some 5150III models with it because it shouldn't take them 7 years to figure that one out. :idea

Last edited:
The Helix units are great. I'd have no issue using one at all. I think they sound solid!
It's been out since 2016 and they continue to develop for it so a good commitment from Line 6 on the product.
I'm looking forward to what they come out with next.

and pray that they actually include a Bogner XTC and some 5150III models with it because it shouldn't take them 7 years to figure that one out. :idea
Bogner XTC 101b w all the brights
Boost excursion would be fun

Back