The exact gigging product I want does not exist.

So many things. Direct out has latency and phasing issues. using the send from the Stomp to FOH "works" but it is missing power amp section from the Boogie.
I'm going to regret this, I know, but...

Latency and phasing issues relative to what other signals, as perceived by whom? (Yourself on stage, the audience on the floor, both?)

Blackstar direct out sends the ENTIRE signal chain (preamp/fx loop/power amp plus whatever speaker emulation you apply in the device itself) to FOH. It has a DI cabinet (aka no speaker emulation) so I can use my Stomp chain of IR/FX/GR55 and send the whole amp, fx, synth and speaker emulation in the order defined by the Stomp.
This seems over-simplified/ idealized in one or more ways. Just because the St. James has two independent outputs with effects, etc. applied the way you want them, can you assume they don't also have phase issues relative to one another? Also having a hard time wrapping my head around "send[ing] the whole amp, fx, synth and speaker emulation" being a good thing. Especially in light of the word "synth".

I know, I know. At the end of the day, an hour of testing (and a drive to Kohl's) is worth a thousand words. :D

I'm going to regret this, I know, but...

Latency and phasing issues relative to what other signals, as perceived by whom? (Yourself on stage, the audience on the floor, both?)

This seems over-simplified/ idealized in one or more ways. Just because the St. James has two independent outputs with effects, etc. applied the way you want them, can you assume they don't also have phase issues relative to one another? Also having a hard time wrapping my head around "send[ing] the whole amp, fx, synth and speaker emulation" being a good thing. Especially in light of the word "synth".

I know, I know. At the end of the day, an hour of testing (and a drive to Kohl's) is worth a thousand words. :D
Read the PM :sofa

Read the PM :sofa
tumblr_lnqahqHiMU1qemexg.gif

You're right. I saw him last week and confirmed that.
This leads me down the "I'm not spending my time carrying a secondary plastic powered monitor turd (because most of the time we are using our own PA)" as well as "I am not making my signal chain even more convoluted by keeping synth and guitar stuff separate" which in turn leads me to "oh just got use a modeler again and get lost in the mix with the analog instruments" :bag

Back