The exact gigging product I want does not exist.

Get one of these stereo IR pedals.

dpxSxtf.png

Left side: load the IR of your choice and route this line to FoH
Right side: load a flat IR and route the this line back to your amp's FX return

This will apply the same AD/DA conversion time to both your IR and guitar cab signals and eliminate your phase issues.

The downside is that your FOH sound won't contain the sound of the Mark VII's poweramp. You could try creating your own IR by combining whatever your current favorite IR is plus an impedance curve as an EQ filter. It won't be perfect but it will be about as close as you're going to get.

Last edited:
YOU SEE @GreatGreen ; I USE FULL RANGE FLAT RESPONSE (IMAGINE A TM SYMBOL HERE) SPEAKERS WITH MY BOOGIES. THE FX UNIT I USE; WHATEVER IT MAY BE...DOES IR LOADING, POST FX AND ROUTES MY GUITAR SYNTH SIGNAL WHEN ENGAGED ALL THROUGH THE SAME SIGNAL CHAIN. EVERYTHING THROUGH A SINGLE ON STAGE AMPLIFICATION DEVICE AND THAT SAME SIGNAL SENT TO FOH. INGENIOUS; REALLY. IF I PUT THE FLAMMA TURD AT THE END OF THE CHAIN; THE SYNTHESIZED GUITARS (NORMALLY MAKING TRUMPET-LIKE NOISES) WOULD BE SUBJECT TO WHATEVER IMPULSES RESPONSES SAID FLAMMA TURD WAS INFLICTING ON THEM AND SOUND EVEN MORE OFF THAN THEY DO ALREADY.

I know the feeling JT. I want a modeler that has great amps, cabs, poly synth's and a B3 that works with a wireless hex pickup.

So I re-read your original post.

The exact product you're asking for probably doesn't exist because you're asking for one instance of effects you can program that would process two entirely separate signal paths.

What does exist, that would solve your issues through slightly higher complexity, is a Fractal FM9. You'd have to run two entirely separate signal paths through it, but it's doable provided you don't run so many effects that you max out the Fractal's CPU.

Signal path 1: Mark VII FX send > effects > Mark VII return > Celestion F12's
Signal path 2: Mark VII Line Out > [exact duplicate of effects from signal path 1] plus whatever IR you'd put in the cab block > FOH

There. That would solve your phase issues.
I have the FM9. It does work. But it is a bit slower to switch channels via midi compared to the Stomp, doesn't fit on top of the GR55 to keep the current pedalboard footprint size in check. And a bit noisier than the Stomp. I appreciate the suggestions though either way! :beer

Last edited:
I need more coffee today. The FM9 idea wouldn't work to resolve the phase issues because the Line Out would contain the time delay also applied to the effects loop, meaning it would have two instances of AD/DA conversion added where the effects loop would only have one, so there would still be phase issues.

I think that what you're asking for doesn't exist because it is impossible to exist in the context you're asking for.

In most cases, the only way to power real cabs AND have a signal to send to FoH all while including the tube poweramp in both signals is to put nothing in your tube amp's effects loop, but instead run your tube amp's Line Out through whatever effects unit you want, and then split the signal inside the effects unit so that one of the lines gets an IR applied and the other doesn't. From there, run the line with the IR to FoH and then run the line without the IR to an entirely separate poweramp that will power the cabs.

HOWEVER, because you're using Celestion F12's, which are "FRFR", you'll probably want the same IR applied to both the FOH and guitar cab signals. So in that case, you won't need to split the signal in the effects unit, but you'll still need to to provide two outputs, one to go to FoH and the other to send to your separate poweramp which will then drive your cabs.

Last edited:
If the signal out of the loop is correct but it's missing power amp emulation, maybe run a device out of the loop that has power amp emulation like the Cab M+ or ENGL Cabloader?

For what it's worth; @gearJunkie solved this a few pages back. With the caveat of me buying another PowerStation :cry:

Ah, so we have the same general idea then. Bottom line is that you'll need a separate poweramp to drive those cabs. Does the Badlander or Mark VII need a speaker cab plugged in or do they have built-in loads to support their Cabclone stuff? If they have built-in loads, you won't necessarily need a separate reactive load like the Powerstation includes, which means you could get by with only a poweramp. If you don't need a ton of volume, there are less expensive poweramps you could get. ISP makes a Stealth poweramp for around $400 that's not bad for its performance and price.

I only read the first post and no the other 3 pages so forgive me if I’m repeating anyone’s advice, but @JiveTurkey you want an FM9 and a power amp my man! Or something similar with a powered Kemper maybe. There are options, but they’re going to be digital.

If I were a touring guitarist on a budget, it would be the FM3/FM9 and a Powerstage. That would be the rig.

If the signal out of the loop is correct but it's missing power amp emulation, maybe run a device out of the loop that has power amp emulation like the Cab M+ or ENGL Cabloader?
This would work. Other than putting power amp emulation after the guitar synth signal and I could probably get around that with the fact that these synth tones are nowhere near pristine in any way, shape, or form. The trumpets sounded killer through the DSL power section into my 4x12 :whistle

I have some static power amp emulation IRs (don't judge! :rofl ) I could run one in the Stomp send that feeds FOH and do what I want about as good as can without adding any additional pieces. I am going to try that next and see how far I get :unsure:
Ah, so we have the same general idea then. Bottom line is that you'll need a separate poweramp to drive those cabs. Does the Badlander or Mark VII need a speaker cab plugged in or do they have built-in loads to support their Cabclone stuff? If they have built-in loads, you won't necessarily need a separate reactive load like the Powerstation includes, which means you could get by with only a poweramp. If you don't need a ton of volume, there are less expensive poweramps you could get. ISP makes a Stealth poweramp for around $400 that's not bad for its performance and price.
No load required. The PS adds an FX loop and line out which are the important pieces that would be applicable to my particular situation.
I only read the first post and no the other 3 pages so forgive me if I’m repeating anyone’s advice, but @JiveTurkey you want an FM9 and a power amp my man! Or something similar with a powered Kemper maybe. There are options, but they’re going to be digital.

If I were a touring guitarist on a budget, it would be the FM3/FM9 and a Powerstage. That would be the rig.
I have the FM and a bunch of "power amp solutions". As well as a bunch of other modeling products that I love. If I was going to do a Boogie focused thing that needed Boogies from a modeler; FAS would be it. Period. I have too many other dumb needs so that route isn't the direction I would go for this band.

One other thing that just might "do" "it":

Boss TAE. Not sure how it would jive with the Boogie. And it looks to weigh more than the Fryette :hmm But it is an option

Back