The exact gigging product I want does not exist.

This leads me down the "I'm not spending my time carrying a secondary plastic powered monitor turd (because most of the time we are using our own PA)" as well as "I am not making my signal chain even more convoluted by keeping synth and guitar stuff separate" which in turn leads me to "oh just got use a modeler again and get lost in the mix with the analog instruments" :bag
For once, I pretty much understand your dilemma.

Having said that, the gearhead/perfectionist in me, WOULD carry that plastic powered monitor, if it was just for hearing the trumpets, and then a floor modeler (for fx and switching), and amp, guitar rig as well. I know it's another piece, but you cover ALL bases with the BEST sound for all. "FRFR" for trumpets and other stuff, real guitar rig for Amp where I'm at, etc.

So the Cab Clone in the VII is unusable for your purposes?

Larry David Reaction GIF

Captor. Cheaper and I don't need the extra functionality of the X.
I did not read the whole thread but based on the OP it did sound like, to some degree, you just wanted a line out tapped from the signal driving your funky F12 cab, so it does sound like load box might be cool. You are potentially doubling down on impedance curves then of course. ;)

So the Cab Clone in the VII is unusable for your purposes?
Based on it's location in the chain; yes. There's some caveats where it could work but there is a too primitive aspect of this discussion as well as a nobody but my dumb a$$ needs something to do this angle at play. Certainly :whistle
I did not read the whole thread but based on the OP it did sound like, to some degree, you just wanted a line out tapped from the signal driving your funky F12 cab, so it does sound like load box might be cool. You are potentially doubling down on impedance curves then of course. ;)
Yeah I am at a picking my battles stage of things at this point :nails:rofl

Captor is out for delivery today. Talk about fast turnaround :eek:
Hope you get better service from your local Amz Fulfillment then I get in Vegas. Left Amazon Vegas warehouse to carrier Sunday. Carrier to delivery service.

A 20 minute drive to my house. Package arrived in Salt Lake via St. George yesterday morning.

Supervisor for Amz is neighbor. She said I was lucky, as many are going overseas and back ..... :facepalm

Oh! We need a video of your final kludgergonkulator rig when done. ;)(y)

Hope you get better service from your local Amz Fulfillment then I get in Vegas. Left Amazon Vegas warehouse to carrier Sunday. Carrier to delivery service.

A 20 minute drive to my house. Package arrived in Salt Lake via St. George yesterday morning.

Supervisor for Amz is neighbor. She said I was lucky, as many are going overseas and back ..... :facepalm

Oh! We need a video of your final kludgergonkulator rig when done. ;)(y)
I bought it from "TOTALLY NOT SWEETWATER WE'RE GEARNUTS!". They must have a nearby warehouse. I need to do a rig rundown at some point but it's hard to pin something down when there's a change every other day :rofl

@JiveTurkey Assuming I understand what just happened. I'm curious if the Captor didn't work for you because of the bass response?

I've never owned one, but I've always avoided them because I didn't like the look of the low end impedence curve, which doesn't look at all amp-like.

Last edited:
Back