The Coffee Thread

Funny, first time I read about salt in coffee must have been in the 80s when I started reading Tom Clancy Jack Ryan series, it was meantion as a Navy trick for better coffee. :)

Funny, first time I read about salt in coffee must have been in the 80s when I started reading Tom Clancy Jack Ryan series, it was meantion as a Navy trick for better coffee. :)
I could see it being used to mask the flavor of old or just plain bad coffee, like using copious amounts of cream and sugar, but that’s just blasphemy. 😂

Keep it simple. 👌🏻
IMG_1148.jpeg

I could see it being used to mask the flavor of old or just plain bad coffee, like using copious amounts of cream and sugar, but that’s just blasphemy. 😂

I will use a pinch or two of salt if I am using coffee that's starting to go stale or substandard stuff. It does smooth it out some and make it more palatable.

Turkish coffee is very interesting. The whole brewing process is almost ritualistic. One of these days I’ll try that method.

I'd sit at the feet of a Turkish Coffee Guru for sure. :LOL:

It is interesting how different cultures do coffee so differently. Like in Mexico where they pour hot steaming milk
into a mug with very little coffee in it. I grew up with a friend who was drinking it like that as a teen in his home.
His Mom would make it for him and it ended up the color of a milkshake with very little coffee flavor. :idk

Kind of like how both the British and American Southerners are both bonkers for Tea, but do it in two diametrically
opposed ways.

Nothing too special for me, I'm a simple man. I love me some Dunkin'.
Right now I'm drinking off the shelf LavAssa / Perfetto. It's alright.

Nothing too special for me, I'm a simple man. I love me some Dunkin'.
Right now I'm drinking off the shelf LavAssa / Perfetto. It's alright.

I was so glad to find out we had a couple Dunkins out here in NM. I still love a Dunks medium 2 and 2

Back