The Coffee Thread

My wife made these a while back. They are called a fluffy coffee. I don’t really remember much about them as the novelty wore off pretty quickly.

IMG_0265.jpg

Looks like it’s called Dalgona coffee.

Haven't had a French Press in a while, so bored at nigh shift I went to Bodum.com and ordered one.
55% off on the smallest Bistro Nouveau, so it only about $20 shipped.
Looking forward to testing Hoffman's method with it.

1573-01_1_1.jpg

Haven't had a French Press in a while, so bored at nigh shift I went to Bodum.com and ordered one.
55% off on the smallest Bistro Nouveau, so it only about $20 shipped.
Looking forward to testing Hoffman's method with it.

1573-01_1_1.jpg
Hoffmann’s recipe works great. I like Bodum’s stuff. Cool designs. I think I have their medium size French press for when I have company and need a large batch. Just be careful to not drop the glass.

Hoffmann’s recipe works great. I like Bodum’s stuff. Cool designs. I think I have their medium size French press for when I have company and need a large batch. Just be careful to not drop the glass.
Hence the "in a while" I keep dropping them! :facepalm:D

My wife made these a while back. They are called a fluffy coffee. I don’t really remember much about them as the novelty wore off pretty quickly.

IMG_0265.jpg

Looks like it’s called Dalgona coffee.

Pudding? :idk

Ooh. @Blix ... your presence here reminds me!

Off topic on coffee... but totally on-topic for a gear site.

I was watching an old video of yours yesterday. You were using the Suhr Eclipse (a known good mathc for the Bella) - do you still like it, or have you moved on the other things that you prefer more?

Last edited:
Ooh. @Blix ... your presence here reminds me!

Off topic on coffee... but totally on-topic for a gear site.

I was watching an old video of yours yesterday. You were using the Suhr Eclipse (a known good mathc for the Bella) - do you still like it, or have you moved on the other things that you prefer more?
The Eclipse is long gone, but I liked it a lot :giggle:

210g of awesome coffee! I don't drink more than a couple cups a day really, quality over quantity :giggle:
This. I’m currently enjoying a bag of hand-picked single origin from Peru which was about $30 for a 12oz bag. This shit is definitely meant to be savored, not chugged. 😂

On the subject of expensive coffee: Anybody tried the Weasel poop coffee yet?

I tried some coffee bags of it once. It was just "okay". Not an ideal way to extract it obviously; so perhaps I never really got to properly try it at all. 🤷‍♂️

Anybody tried the Weasel poop coffee yet?

I tried some coffee bags of it once. It was just "okay". Not an ideal way to extract it, obviously.
Not sure if something involving weasel poop would appeal to me. My brother had pet ferrets growing up and those things stank!

Back