The Coffee Thread

Any benefits to using distilled water for extraction?

Our tap water here is pretty neutral and not bad tasting at all, but just wondering anyway.

Question for you coffee travelers

I’m headed to Portugal and Spain shortly and I tend to get up early… No guarantees on this trip… But I do need to source coffee quickly in the morning… Suggestions?

Wife suggesting instant, but…

I brought my own grounds to Japan before because hot water is available in every hotel there.

What see you for a quick a good coffee in the morning on the go?

I’m headed to Portugal and Spain shortly and I tend to get up early… No guarantees on this trip… But I do need to source coffee quickly in the morning… Suggestions?

I brought my own grounds to Japan before because hot water is available in every hotel there.

Colombian-Coffee-Juan-Valdez.jpg

I've never traveled on a plane with coffee before. Is it going to be difficult to source over there? Seems it would be easy to find there unless you're off the beaten path.

I've never traveled on a plane with coffee before. Is it going to be difficult to source over there? Seems it would be easy to find there unless you're off the beaten path.

My question is more oriented towards making it easy in the morning and yet it still being delicious re: process

Any benefits to using distilled water for extraction?

Our tap water here is pretty neutral and not bad tasting at all, but just wondering anyway.
If you’re serious about your coffee and want to go distilled, you’ll likely want to put the right minerals back in. Look up “Third Wave Water” on Amazon.

Many reputable roasters offer “coffee bags,” but if that’s out of your reach, some of the commercial instant coffees might work for you. I know Starbucks sells a line of instant packets.

Coffee bag sound like an option… I just need a portable water heater now… Something with batteries possibly

I always just take instant coffee along just in case, but I don't travel internationally. Typically I can get some hotel or coffee shop coffee.

While I'm a coffee snob, I'm not a stanger to buying some instant to have at the hotel/Airbnb while traveling.
I'm going to Thailand for a month next weekend and don't think I'm going to bother taking my Aeropress with me.
The Airbnb I'm renting have a water heater and I'll just grab some Nescafe for the mornings.

I’ve had a lot of great Counter Culture stuff. Good beans.
The Mpemba was really good, but I wasn’t able to dial in the Apollo into something I liked. But I’ll definitely be ordering from them again in the future.

After only six months, the stupid Ember mug died. It no longer connects and no longer heats up. I should have known better than to buy a coffee mug with bluetooth and a battery.

Anyways, I sprang $30 for a Yeti Rambler mug with the coffee lid. Really like it so far, keeps the coffee very hot for a long time, no longer splashing coffee while walking, and much more satisfying to drink out of.

W-Drinkware_HotshotBottle_18oz_Black_Studio_PrimaryB.png

Back