The Coffee Thread

Yesterday I bough a bag of beans from my fave local coffee shops. I usually buy single origin coffees but figure I'd tried their house blend, which is a mix of beans from Brazil, Rwanda, Central-America, Colombia and India.
Also roasted darker than I usually buy. Described has having notes of dark caramel and chocolate.

Brewing a cup in the fresh press I'm sitting here tasting exactly that, most excellent, YUM!!

Haven't had a French Press in a while, so bored at nigh shift I went to Bodum.com and ordered one.
55% off on the smallest Bistro Nouveau, so it only about $20 shipped.
Looking forward to testing Hoffman's method with it.

1573-01_1_1.jpg
Thanks for the heads up on this site. I ordered an 8 cup French press and a bag of their Pachamama and Santos. Have been wanting to try French Press for a long time and just never get around to grabbing one.

Thanks for the heads up on this site. I ordered an 8 cup French press and a bag of their Pachamama and Santos. Have been wanting to try French Press for a long time and just never get around to grabbing one.
Awesome. Make it like in this video and you'll have fantastic results :)

Currently drinking this:

Hands down, the best coffee I’ve ever had. Fruity, floral. Absolutely unreal.

French Truck is currently at the top of my list for roasters. Highly recommend checking them out.

Anyone?

I’ve done it…meh?

But it always takes me back to a story told to me by a French bakery/bistro owner that I worked for who said this is what the “bad” alcoholics in France do.

Salt in the coffee was supposed to be some kind of buzz. I think Maurice would’ve known too; lol.

🤷‍♂️

"Tames the bitterness".

Or I could just continue to brew my coffee so that it's not bitter, and rather delightful as it is? Who are these people!? Sheesh.

No I haven't tried it! :rofl

It's something I have read about before and apparently there is some science to it. :idk

If salt/sodium is a flavour enhancer (monosodium glutamate?) then it stands to
reason that salt (just a pinch) would enhance the flavour of coffee, not diminish it.

I have no horse in this race. Just curious.

Back