New PC Build (Thread Title Changed to Protect the Innocent)

Whatever, though. A few updates won't kill me, but maybe kill my creativity when those updates come around at a time when I want to record something. Maybe I'll get a laptop from the $400 I've saved by not going with newegg for when those forced updates kick me off my desktop.

Parts List:

Case - Deepcool CC360 Micro ATX in black
MoBo - Gigabyte B760M DS3H AX
CPU - Intel i5-12600 10 Core (received)
RAM - 2x 16G 6000MHz DDR5 (received)
Fan - Cooler MAster Hyper 212 Black (received)
HD - Corsair MP600 1TB M.2 (received)
PS - Corsair RM850x (received)
GFX - XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX ed. 8GB (received)
OS - Win 11 Home (received)

Am I missing anything? I'm just under $900 and I feel like I'm making out a little too well here..

Whatever, though. A few updates won't kill me, but maybe kill my creativity when those updates come around at a time when I want to record something. Maybe I'll get a laptop from the $400 I've saved by not going with newegg for when those forced updates kick me off my desktop.

Parts List:

Am I missing anything? I'm just under $900 and I feel like I'm making out a little too well here..
I assume you already have mouse/monitor/keyboard you want to use. The mobo should come with some cables, the PS will come with some cables. Plus, you will not have a lot to plug in there, so minimal cable requirements anyway ;~)) Looks good! I would go with the Win 11 Pro, but that is really just to have the option to tell updates to F off for 31 days at some points ;~)) Hope the MOBO and case get there soon!! Nice rig ;~))

I assume you already have mouse/monitor/keyboard you want to use. The mobo should come with some cables, the PS will come with some cables. Plus, you will not have a lot to plug in there, so minimal cable requirements anyway ;~)) Looks good! I would go with the Win 11 Pro, but that is really just to have the option to tell updates to F off for 31 days at some points ;~)) Hope the MOBO and case get there soon!! Nice rig ;~))
We have a bunch of keyboards kicking around here so we'll see about that, and I've got a Logitech Bluetooth mouse I've been using with my Mac. I'll be using my old monitor in true cheap bastardly fashion.

I was going through my photos and found a pic of my ITX build. Yes, that is a PNY RTX 4090 that barely fits in.

NR200P 13600K-4090.jpg

Parts List:

Sounds like a nice Rig Alex, don't be fooled by the price when you choose and build your own PC it comes out cheaper and to your specs
I would maybe add a good Audio Card but that's me

:beer

no not required but I use a high end card to feed my streaming To my Hi-Fi and keep my interface separate for recording only
In essence a Audio interface is the same for all intents and purpose
OK, I see. All of my audio comes through my Scarlet 18i20 and my studio monitors are the only speakers I have set up in the room besides guitar amps.
You could always get a rack mount PC case to keep it close to the... ahem... sound card

View attachment 23594
I thought about doing that at first. I looked up a few options but I didn't see too many that were affordable. I have space for that in my desk rack too but I was thinking that it would kind of be in my face and I want to keep the moving parts away from my ears as much as I can. Idk..

OK, I see. All of my audio comes through my Scarlet 18i20 and my studio monitors are the only speakers I have set up in the room besides guitar amps.

I thought about doing that at first. I looked up a few options but I didn't see too many that were affordable. I have space for that in my desk rack too but I was thinking that it would kind of be in my face and I want to keep the moving parts away from my ears as much as I can. Idk..
Totally get the noise aspect.. mine is sits in the sidecar at the bottom obviously so noise is at a minimum for me. You probably wouldn't want that at ear level.

I found my case on ebay for about $80-100 iirc

All of the ordered parts came in.

The M.2 SSD I ordered doesn't quite fit in the first slot because it has its own heatsink attached to the drive itself that makes it a little taller than the hinge for the motherboards own cover/heatsink, and the M.2 screw is connected to the MB cover so I've fitted the SSD into the second slot and I've ordered another slimmer (and double the capacity) SSD to go into the first slot, so yeah it slows my build time down but I'll have 2x M.2 SSDs. Can't complain about that.

CPU and Ram sticks inserted with the second M.2 slot occupied. Need to wait for the slimmer SSD to arrive before I can get the CPU heatsink and graphics card installed.

I'll install the PS into the case later this morning.

Attachments

• 20240604_082253.jpg
    20240604_082253.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10
All of the ordered parts came in.

The M.2 SSD I ordered doesn't quite fit in the first slot because it has its own heatsink attached to the drive itself that makes it a little taller than the hinge for the motherboards own cover/heatsink, and the M.2 screw is connected to the MB cover so I've fitted the SSD into the second slot and I've ordered another slimmer (and double the capacity) SSD to go into the first slot, so yeah it slows my build time down but I'll have 2x M.2 SSDs. Can't complain about that.

CPU and Ram sticks inserted with the second M.2 slot occupied. Need to wait for the slimmer SSD to arrive before I can get the CPU heatsink and graphics card installed.

I'll install the PS into the case later this morning.
Sweet! You will be happy having a second M.2 ;~))

Got it all wired up and it powers on. Won't have time for much else tonight.
View attachment 23743
The colors are a little much but they'll probably grow on me.
I seem to recall when doing my Gigabyte board set up last year, I adjusted some stuff in the settings for the MoBo for turning some of the lights off. Not lights that are run by some of the components, but some of the lights that the board can have on or off. I don't like that stuff at all, so I disabled what I could. Still some lights on inside my box, but not nearly as many as when I first set it up and it is out of sight out of mind anyway ;~)) Looking clean, congrats!

Back