The Coffee Thread

Any of yinz doing cold brew? As it’s been in the upper 90’s the past week, I’m fixing to try brewing some.

BF9A32DB-D52E-45BD-98DD-AF169906120C.jpeg

Testing complete! I bought a bunch of Starbucks Pike Place (I know, I know) for testing and settled on about a 1:5 ratio at 35F for 24 hours. Surprisingly, it tastes really good!

I also made a batch using a more expensive light roast that tasted fantastic, but given that cold brew uses a lot more grounds than a hot brew, using specialty coffee is out of the question.

I’m not a medium-dark roast drinker, and I absolutely despise Starbucks roasting profiles, but I could see myself drinking this on a hot day. I’m going to try and find a lighter roast that won’t break the bank, but I can definitely call this a success.

Now I just need to find a better brewing vessel. I’ll likely do a larger mason jar and just filter it at the end.

I am tired, but want to stay up late and work on some music. So coffee, here I come. I am sure I will
be fine tomorrow, right? :guiness

I just opened a fresh bag this afternoon. It's full of YUM!

Been putting a scoop of powdered MCT Oil in with my coffee every now and then. Really
seems to squash the hunger pangs.

Yeah, butter is not bad. Have done that a time or two, but not a staple. The MCT Oil is mostly
tasteless.

Tried some Collagen Powder and that was acceptable. I couldn't imagine Seal Oil. :wat

Back