New PC Build (Thread Title Changed to Protect the Innocent)

I seem to recall when doing my Gigabyte board set up last year, I adjusted some stuff in the settings for the MoBo for turning some of the lights off. Not lights that are run by some of the components, but some of the lights that the board can have on or off. I don't like that stuff at all, so I disabled what I could. Still some lights on inside my box, but not nearly as many as when I first set it up and it is out of sight out of mind anyway ;~)) Looking clean, congrats!
Thanks! At this point I'm undecided whether I want the fan lights or not. I have a switch on the case that changes the color, or turns them off, or I can disconnect power to the lights and just have the fans blow air. And AFAIK there are settings for the RAM chips' LEDs. It's nice to have options.

Well now, ain't that just a beautyful thing?

Wait, you went PC??? :sneaky: :ROFLMAO:
Haha, yeah. Like I said in your thread about platform preferences, I have things I like/don't about both platforms. And yes by both I mean country and western. My Mac will be our living room machine if all goes well.

Gonna have to kiss some plugins and programs goodbye. No more MixIR2 for one. Can't just copy a VST file over and expect it to play nice.

I've rearranged and managed cables, installed programs that I was able to install. Had a hell of a time with my NAS device but narrowed it down to a faulty CAT5 cable.

The Bluetooth mouse I was using worked flawlessly with my Mac but drags ass with this PC. The wireless keyboard available to me has its dongle missing and is buried in my son's room somewhere so I guess I'll be getting new peripherals after all.

I've got the RAM running at almost advertised speed, and round trip latency is so nice. Remeasured my speakers and I have my buffer set to 20, can run Helix Native and Sonarworks Reference 4 in nearly real-time without hiccups. I've been at this all day. Need to do something else now.
20240608_115920.jpg

20240608_120647-jpg.23841

20240608_175120.jpg

Attachments

• 20240608_120647.jpg
    20240608_120647.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 31
Gonna have to kiss some plugins and programs goodbye. No more MixIR2 for one. Can't just copy a VST file over and expect it to play nice.

I have (and use a lot) MixIR2... the impulse response plugin by RedWirez (IIRC). It is literally one (64bit) file:

mixIR2_64.dll

It's almost 6MB in size.

You find that file, copy that file over to new PC to whatever plugins directory you have created (or if you're like me, manually manage then in their appropriate folders a la "VST" "VST2" "VST3" etc haha) and scan the folder for plugins in your DAW.

Unless it's a Mac-only sorta issue. :sneaky:

Last edited:
I have (and use a lot) MixIR2... the impulse response plugin by RedWirez (IIRC). It is literally one (64bit) file:

mixIR2_64.dll

It's almost 6MB in size.

You find that file, copy that file over to new PC to whatever plugins directory you have created (or if you're like me, manually manage then in their appropriate folders a la "VST" "VST2" "VST3" etc haha) and scan the folder for plugins in your DAW.

Unless it's a Mac-only sorta issue. :sneaky:
It must be a Mac thing because they're .vst files on a Mac but show up as file folders containing components when transferring to the PC via thumb drive. I'd have to buy MixIR3 because 2 is no longer supported.

It's kind of liberating in a way because I had a lot of things I ended up not using very often that now aren't in the way no matter how clean I kept my directories.

And I've gone with the red to match some of the room
20240608_191418.jpg

It might be a VST3 file. Trying placing it here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
I tried all kinds of tomfoolery to get a square peg into a round hole. At least for MixIR2 I found the dll file I tried to copy over to my Mac when I first got it, along with a copy of Antares Auto Tune. Things like the sampler player I was using on Mac kinda sucked so I won't mind getting another different one.

Back