Play town crier
And spread the word
Bout beats and notes
That must be heard

So raise your voice
And make some noise
To justify
Those musical toys
Thanks to all the PLAYERS in the house! It was a great week of offerings from the sharing souls who are ready to be heard! Before we move on to this weeks results, let's cover a few housekeeping items.

1. As mentioned in the 7.1 thread OP, we are trying to use the #tags to help ensure an accurate count as well as a quicker count. I think all entries ended up tagged properly so thanks to all for helping out with that! It does make my life easier and will help down the road as well if anyone wanted to search the challenges for say "cover-songs"! To reiterate/summarize, for any final entry, please tag it with one of the following tags as written here: #cover-song, #original-song, #hot-noodle, #deep-space. This needs to be in text and in the final post for an entry. If you have multiple posts for an entry, but are not done, do not put this tag in until you have submitted your final entry, and put it only in that entry. Do not put the tag in more than once for any single entry ;~)) Feel free to hit me up via PM or here in the thread if you have any questions. A "#tag" starts with a # symbol, and for these tags, each has two words separated by a -.

2. All of the previous season stuff is now in the "Archives" section of the Do Something Challenge (thank you David for moving that stuff). So if you are looking for stuff from previous seasons, that is your Huckleberry ;~))

3. If you would like to submit an update to any work you have submitted to any of the "Do Something Challenges", you should put that in the Director's Cut thread! Do NOT submit it as a new entry in a later week of a challenge. Also, do not go back to your original post and change it there. The Director's Cut is specifically made for this, updated versions of stuff we have submitted.

~Week 1 Results~
Artist
original-song
cover-song
hot-noodle
deep-space
Artist Totals
DrewJD82
0​
1​
0​
0​
1​
FuzzyAce
2​
0​
0​
0​
2​
Jynx
0​
1​
0​
0​
1​
LeftyLoungeLizard
0​
3​
0​
0​
3​
nightlight
0​
3​
0​
0​
3​
Piing
0​
2​
0​
0​
2​
PLX
2​
0​
0​
0​
2​
spawnofthesith
1​
0​
0​
0​
1​
Whizzinby
3​
0​
0​
0​
3​
ᛗᛜᛜᚺDᛜᎶ Ꮤᛨᚳᚴ
0​
2​
2​
0​
4​
Entry Type Totals
8​
12​
2​
0​
22​
So there it is, Season 7 Week 1! Last thing I expected was to be in the lead!! Sheesh, the Champ is taking it easy on us ;~)) I am sure he will start swinging hard real soon and leave us all in the dust!!! In the meantime, 22 new pieces of music, nice work peeps ;~)) Let me know if I have missed anything. Here is a link to a spreadsheet I have started and am going to flush out. I will try and get the data from old challenges in here as well eventually to have a solid record of all entries for all seasons ;~))

Hope y'all and others bring the noise in Season 7 Week 2, starting NOW!

i_want_you_for_u-s-jpg.29046

Last edited:
Apologies, I’m the one guilty of putting up revamped versions of my tracks. Will remember to use the Director’s Cut thread.

Anyway, is drum stuff allowed?

If so, here is a #hot-noodle

Don't worry about it! Just be sure to tag only one of them, it could be the first, or the last or any one! Plus, the Director's cut is more for after a week is done to do updated versions so folk don't need to browse through the old threads to find the latest. No worries, no problem!

Drums only, have at it ;~)) Great to hear something different!!! That is some serious double kicking you got goin' on there!

Sunday morning ambient track here made with guitar, ExpressiveE Osmose, and couple plug ins.

Cool, I like that switchover to the darker colors in the video morphing just after the two minute mark or so and that Asian influenced ambiance you move into (at least that is how I hear it). I do see a Copyright 2023 (maybe that is just for the video), so if that is when this was made, it really should not qualify ;~)) The challenge idea is to get people to create something new, not post their old stuff! If you did in fact create it this morning, all good, but do tag it with a #original-song, #hot-noodle or #deep-space tag please ;~))

Cool, I like that switchover to the darker colors in the video morphing just after the two minute mark or so and that Asian influenced ambiance you move into (at least that is how I hear it). I do see a Copyright 2023 (maybe that is just for the video), so if that is when this was made, it really should not qualify ;~)) The challenge idea is to get people to create something new, not post their old stuff! If you did in fact create it this morning, all good, but do tag it with a #original-song, #hot-noodle or #deep-space tag please ;~))
Copyright is a typo. Should be 24. I’ll need to fix that :bag

Back