TGF Do Something Challenge Season 7 Week 3

Man, with every new post I feel more pathetic that I haven't worked on anything this week. :LOL:
It seems to help if you just DGAF and let the riffs to flow thru you like the river Ganges.

KYu1Vwc.png

I found this interesting spot in my late 30s, where experience, knowledge and pseudo nostalgia converged, and a flood of songs that I had taken for granted suddenly hit home ..in a hard and emotional way.

Songs I had always thought I understood, took on completely different meanings, and some became darker....some more inspirational.

Maybe it was my life at the time, I was in a very reflective phase ...but it seems as I grow older and really gather life experiences, these songs of my youth, and songs of other's youths, become deeper and more appreciated. Some become trite and get discarded from the library.

It also really impresses me how people so young in life experience, could write such long lasting and deeply meaningful songs/albums.

I found this interesting spot in my late 30s, where experience, knowledge and pseudo nostalgia converged, and a flood of songs that I had taken for granted suddenly hit home ..in a hard and emotional way.

Songs I had always thought I understood, took on completely different meanings, and some became darker....some more inspirational.

Maybe it was my life at the time, I was in a very reflective phase ...but it seems as I grow older and really gather life experiences, these songs of my youth, and songs of other's youths, become deeper and more appreciated. Some become trite and get discarded from the library.

It also really impresses me how people so young in life experience, could write such long lasting and deeply meaningful songs/albums.
Dude, you're starting to sound like @la szum ?! Is everything alright? :grin:rofl

Seriously though, I know what you mean. It is the nature of getting wiser and experiencing love, pain and death.

The older I get, the more cynical I get. A lot of art is dumbed down to the extent that there was some art exhibition where someone put together an unmade bed complete with used condoms and it sold for a few millions. The question with avant garden is "who's putting on who"? There's nothing like Picasso's Neocubism in modern art, just mass produced garbage that "the man" thinks you should be hearing.

Speaking of just music, it's been a long time since I heard something that really shook me like American Pie or Bohemian Rhapsody. Is it because there aren't people that aren't writing those songs? I don't believe that's true. In fact, I'm sometimes moved more by stuff I just randomly chance upon on Instagram or Facebook or Youtube than I am by the content the algorithm is telling me I'm supposed to be hearing. There are gems buried under a pile of shit, and no one dare venture any deeper.

Zoning in on just metal, most of the lyrics are just nonsense stitched together. Not even worth trying to decipher them. There is no deeper meaning, unfortunately. I'm guilty of it as well, most of my lyrics are meant to be taken literally, with nothing metaphorical hidden within.

Anyhow, after my last crap drum video, I had something to prove to myself. Sold my high end longboard direct drive double bass pedals. Bought a mid range chain drive pedal.

It's a Mapex Falcon, and I really dig it. I also learnt how important it is to play to a click when I am on the drums, rather than just winging it. Found it I have a tendency to overshoot the end of a bar and start playing with a completely different downbeat or upbeat on a track.

So this is just a #hot-noodle at 186bpm, where I played to a click and tried to keep things together. Could be better, but definitely could be worse. I'll have to keep doing this going forward.

I wave my pick-hand thru the air after I hit a chord thru a blazing loud 4x12 cab, and unicorns stop to ponder, angels sing, and the demons cry.

:unsure:

Back