TGF Do Something Challenge Season 7 Week 1

Now this song is NOT ready for prime time, but that is part of what I consider this challenge to be about, trying something new. I played this song for the first time on September 23, 2024 (Monday of this week) and this was take 2 from today. I think I have played it maybe a dozen times so far so still a lot to work out and plenty of mistakes here of all varieties, but BOY am I havin' a blast playing this one! Been listening to it for decades and always loved it ;~)) I will get better at it and post an update in the Directors Cut thread when it is to a place I really want to get it to, but for now I wanted to enter it as a #cover-song for the challenge largely because it is very new to me, from first time play this week to posting as far as I got during week one of Challenge 7 ;~)) So here is my challenged (pun intended) rendition of "Queen B!tch" from David Bowie off the "Hunky Dory" album (1971) ;~))

That's all the Axe FX? Loving the FX.

That's all the Axe FX? Loving the FX.
The chorus effect on the vocals at 3 points (during choruses) is not Axe FX nor is the cajon boosting/shaping (not enough channels for me to do my FX on cajon and feed it independent to DAW). I do run the stereo mixdown through WaveLab for "back of the napkin" mastering once I have the track levels adjusted. All my stuff, covers and originals, are all using the same preset! Glad you are diggin' on the FX, thanks for the feedback.

The chorus effect on the vocals at 3 points (during choruses) is not Axe FX nor is the cajon boosting/shaping (not enough channels for me to do my FX on cajon and feed it independent to DAW). I do run the stereo mixdown through WaveLab for "back of the napkin" mastering once I have the track levels adjusted. All my stuff, covers and originals, are all using the same preset! Glad you are diggin' on the FX, thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, they are great. I am not a heavy FX user, heck, I barely even use delay. But I do like it when they are used creatively.

Back