TGF Do Something Challenge Season 7 Week 1

I still have work I'm going to do on this, but this is where it stands right now-

Mostly scratch/guide vocal for the main vocal, but there's some usable stuff in there. I might spend more time getting the solo 100%, but Gilmour never will and I'm not bummed with how this came out-

I still have work I'm going to do on this, but this is where it stands right now-

Mostly scratch/guide vocal for the main vocal, but there's some usable stuff in there. I might spend more time getting the solo 100%, but Gilmour never will and I'm not bummed with how this came out-

#mic-drop

That’s amazing all the way around. Performance, production. Killer.

That's awesome Drew! Nicely done. I like the mood of the vocal parts, adds a darker flavor to the song which is cool, and you got the lead tone pretty darn close.

That's awesome Drew! Nicely done. I like the mood of the vocal parts, adds a darker flavor to the song which is cool, and you got the lead tone pretty darn close.

Funnily, I gave up trying to nail the solo tone as close as possible, went back to my normal JCM800 Mod Strat preset, put the rotary blocks in place and it was closer than anything I was doing with a Tube Screamer and HiWatt!

Funnily, I gave up trying to nail the solo tone as close as possible, went back to my normal JCM800 Mod Strat preset, put the rotary blocks in place and it was closer than anything I was doing with a Tube Screamer and HiWatt!
Good move. Listening to the original, his tone sounds darker than usual, almost like he has the tone rolled back a lot, unless he's also using a flanger in freeze mode to filter in a particular way?

Last edited:
Back