So.....

You won't. Go for it.

It's probably asked for often, and overlaps with other products in the Helix line, but, shooting for the obvious: full Helix without an expression pedal. Make it compact (say 30x20cm / 12"x8"), and i think you'd find there's a big market out there for a Helix Mini.

Other than that... a sneak peak into that super secret thing Line 6 is working on the side would be naaaaaaaaaaaaaice :LOL:

Last edited:
@Lysander Seconded. When I sold my Helix LT (and bought an HX Stomp!)... I remember thinking, "Some day, I hope that they make something like this with a little more processing power, but less deep and without the pedal... we shall meet again".

@Lysander Seconded. When I sold my Helix LT (and bought an HX Stomp!)... I remember thinking, "one day I hope that they make something like this with more processing power, but less deep and without the pedal... we shall meet again".

The HX Stomp XL really scratches a lot of that tiny Helix itch, but i'll never say no to more horsepower. Honestly, a tiny dual DSP Helix would be an insta-buy for me.

The HX Stomp XL really scratches a lot of that tiny Helix itch, but i'll never say no to more horsepower. Honestly, a tiny dual DSP Helix would be an insta-buy for me.

They need some space in the unit for cooling, though; so they can't make it too small without suffering overheating issues, if they have more processing power. I believe that there is a sweet spot, nevertheless. I'm no fan of external power supplies, either.

They need some space in the unit for cooling, though; so they can't make it too small without suffering overheating issues, if they have more processing power. I believe that there is a sweet spot, nevertheless. I'm no fan of external power supplies, either.

I reckon an internal PSU would be a no-go for a small footprint, but other than that, Sharc DSPs and uCs are relatively easy to keep in spec. A larger board would actually help in that regard; the HX Stomp is a technical marvel, but it can get toasty, and if you ever opened one it's no wonder why - it's incredibly densely packed.

I could totally live with an external 9VDC PSU if that makes for a compact unit, but hey, a man can dream...

Last edited:
*Ahem* With support for these of course…

090E74F0-D10E-4533-90D5-541396628048.jpeg

*Ahem* With support for these of course…

Does Helix LT support Helix Control? Because that's roughly what i had in mind.

Keep the I/O, chop it 50% in all dimensions and give it 8 footswitches. Me and my wallet are ready to go.

Does Helix LT support Helix Control? Because that's roughly what i had in mind.

Keep the I/O, chop it 50% in all dimensions and give it 8 footswitches. Me and my wallet are ready to go.
I don’t think it does (someone else will need to chime in), but your description sounds on point :beer

So been enjoying this Forum a lot lots of great folks and lots of laughs
as you Know I'm a Helix user, but I've come to notice a lot of folks here and a lot of discussions revolve around FAS, more so than any other modeler ....
have I crossed over to the Dark Side Forum wise

QpOG.gif

:guiness

Ehhh; it's a pretty good cross section I'd say? Some good Helix chat, lots of FAS chat because the recent avalanche of GOT. No cheap stuff (other than what @Bob Zaod buys from time to time). Not much Boss talk because they are stupid and can't create simple IR loading/playing in 2023. Kemper people just play for the most part.

Saw these 2 comms and wanted to respond.

My boy @JiveTurkey hipped me to this place; we’ve been hommies on another forum for like 10 years and I can’t believe he’d ask me to a place I wouldn’t feel welcome.

And I just now realized that one of the regulars from my other main forum (SSO) is one of the guys that started this place?! I don’t pay attention at ALL

Been there and done that with modeling, back to analog (as far as someone can be playing a 180w tube amp into a RL box and using IRs) but still open to modeling in the future.

In fact, this place has me like 40% convinced I need to bust my tax return on a Fractal product.

I’ve never felt any type of way about the guys here; I think they’re all genuine musicians that respect the Helix guys/Kemper guys/analog guys/even the part time guys.

I use music/guitar to make zero money anymore. I’ve done it in the past, had some tracks featured in tv shows etc and been part of teams that do it for films and video games etc.

I feel no need to get down on my credentials here; no one cares and everyone seems down to help the new guys.

I’ve rarely seen a group of guys into music like this. We can (and have and WILL) disagree about some shit, but it doesn’t carry over at all imo.

I dig this forum and it’s been quite a while since I’ve dug a new forum. The people are what make it, not the gear.

Like I said, I went two msgs in, if this was WAY TOO MUCH for the topic, my bad lol

Last edited:
Saw these 2 comms and wanted to respond.

My boy @JiveTurkey hipped me to this place; we’ve been hommies on another forum for like 10 years and I can’t believe he’d ask me to a place I wouldn’t feel welcome.

Been there and done that with modeling, back to analog (as far as someone can be playing a 180w tube amp into a RL box and using IRs) but still open to modeling in the future.

In fact, this place has me like 40% convinced I need to bust my tax return on a Fractal product.

I’ve never felt any type of way about the guys here; I think they’re all genuine musicians that respect the Helix guys/Kemper guys/analog guys/even the part time guys.

I use music/guitar to make zero money anymore. I’ve done it in the past, had some tracks featured in tv shows etc and been part of teams that do it for films and video games etc.

I feel no need to get down on my credentials here; no one cares and everyone seems down to help the new guys.

I’ve rarely seen a group of guys into music like this. We can (and have and WILL) disagree about some s**t, but it doesn’t carry over at all imo.

I dig this forum and it’s been quite a while since I’ve dug a new forum. The people are what make it, not the gear.

Like I said, I went two msgs in, if this was WAY TOO MUCH for the topic, my bad lol
Awesome and well said.

Glad you came over - welcome!

I never really felt like I knew anybody that well, or had any ‘friends’ over at ‘theotherplacethatshallnotbenamed’ - until @JiveTurkey bought my Kemper from me. (Probably his #3 or #9 or something like that, LMAO). Anyway - he was a cool dude, we had a fun and friendly back and forth, and it caused me to become a little more present on the forum. Then I got to “know” a handful of other cats because we had “some stuff” in common, LMAO, and yadda yadda yadda, we’re here! 😁

I dig this place too - feels like home.

Awesome and well said.

Glad you came over - welcome!

I never really felt like I knew anybody that well, or had any ‘friends’ over at ‘theotherplacethatshallnotbenamed’ - until @JiveTurkey bought my Kemper from me. (Probably his #3 or #9 or something like that, LMAO). Anyway - he was a cool dude, we had a fun and friendly back and forth, and it caused me to become a little more present on the forum. Then I got to “know” a handful of other cats because we had “some stuff” in common, LMAO, and yadda yadda yadda, we’re here! 😁

I dig this place too - feels like home.

My man, I’ve been lucky enough to have 2 other places like this, and I’m glad @JiveTurkey brought me over.

Good dudes here, and no snark; if you can play, right on. If you can’t play and you’re still learning, RIGHT ON.

These dudes are chill AF and I appreciate the fact that you don’t have to prove anything to exist here and have an opinion.

Like i said, a man can dream...

The dual control knob layout of the Stomp would likely work better here, but, alas.

View attachment 3636
This, but chop off all footswitches so I can cram it on a pedalboard and have as many switches as I want with remote control.

IMO the left side section is largely unnecessary though and I'm not sure why it even exists on the original Helix when you could have just had a Presets button and used the joystick/knob to select a preset.

Back