Show Your Guitar Rig

metropolis_4

Shredder
I think we’ve already done this, but we’ve got a bunch of new people and I always love talking about the gear we’re using and seeing other peoples rigs.

Here’s my current setup:

C44BC2F5-7EB1-461D-8B29-94FB8ECBF129.jpeg

C8696CD4-D68F-44FD-BC52-DCE2F1B1F192.jpeg

7EA99129-64FE-4AC8-8C7E-B0F99CACFB77.jpeg

B53A5A44-EAF2-498C-A8BB-51DDD7C99572.jpeg

The MultiAC is going into the SY-1000 and the AxeFX is sending MIDI to the SY for preset changes.

Out1 - FOH
Out2 - Monitor

Input 2 is a XLR monitor feed from the board that runs through Amp2 set to Tube Pre and then to Out2. So I can EQ and set level for this feed and control it from the front panel of the AxeFX. Amp2 is set to global blocks so changes I make to monitor mix propagate across all presets.

Just the rehearsal room board, I'll post more when I find the time. ;)

Apart from the Kuro Exegol (boutique Model T pre, sounds KILLER) and FreqOut, I can recreate this almost exactly with the HX FX and an expression pedal.

PS: This goes straight to my Katana mk2 head's power amp input + Katana 2x12 cab.

IMG_20230227_191600~2.jpg

rehearsal setup. i bring everything except the black cab when we play live but am hoping to play shows with both cabs soon.

View attachment 4810

Is that a Novation Circuit on top of the amp? I’d like to hear more about what kind of music you’re doing with this rig and what the pieces are used for

Just the rehearsal room board, I'll post more when I find the time. ;)

Apart from the Kuro Exegol (boutique Model T pre, sounds KILLER) and FreqOut, I can recreate this almost exactly with the HX FX and an expression pedal.

PS: This goes straight to my Katana mk2 head's power amp input + Katana 2x12 cab.

View attachment 4812

Nice! What is the line selector doing?

Last gig...

The amp is slightly larger than that 2x10 cab, and the implied T-stack was triggering my OCD. Had an ultralight 2x12 made to fix it (neo Creambacks). Maiden voyage this Saturday...

The new cab looks great! I like your taste in dirt pedals :chef

Is that a Novation Circuit on top of the amp? I’d like to hear more about what kind of music you’re doing with this rig and what the pieces are used for

Nice! What is the line selector doing?

The new cab looks great! I like your taste in dirt pedals :chef

yes it is. i posted a track yesterday here that i used it for the intro. we play heavy music but i use for intros and between songs so there isnt dead air. i love making beats on my sofa with it with headphones on. its a really cool piece of gear.

My setup is in disarray, as I’m trying to rework my recording setup not pictured to the left. Primary rig atm.

View attachment 4816

Dispatch Master. Crooked.

twitchy.gif

:grin

Recording fool here …

Tracking week 6 currently 😜

View attachment 4817

That’s a monitor! I love those Komplete keyboards

Currently the Bogner, but the Mark V is still staying.
Either with the Pedalboard below or Virtual Pedalnoard that doubles as my "What... gotta be quiet" Rig

View attachment 4820View attachment 4818View attachment 4819

You’re not big on time-based effects are you? :grin

How old is that TS808?

I think we’ve already done this, but we’ve got a bunch of new people and I always love talking about the gear we’re using and seeing other peoples rigs.

Here’s my current setup:

View attachment 4804
View attachment 4802
View attachment 4806
View attachment 4800

The MultiAC is going into the SY-1000 and the AxeFX is sending MIDI to the SY for preset changes.

Out1 - FOH
Out2 - Monitor

Input 2 is a XLR monitor feed from the board that runs through Amp2 set to Tube Pre and then to Out2. So I can EQ and set level for this feed and control it from the front panel of the AxeFX. Amp2 is set to global blocks so changes I make to monitor mix propagate across all presets.

Love that case for the Axe 3. I need one of those along with a proper table to put it on.

F23E0828-6550-49B8-A166-8D776E4EFA90.jpeg

FM9 into two 212’s (Duncan 170 and BAM200 for power)

I was going to start building an amp/pedal rig but screw it, I can’t use it in my apartment, so I’m just going to grab a ToneX to put on a pedalboard with all the pedals and run it into the same power amps/cabs.

Getting an angled pedal board is an inspired move, especially when you don’t want to put velcro on anything. :ROFLMAO:

Is “inspired” the right word? :grin

Love that case for the Axe 3. I need one of those along with a proper table to put it on.

I like it, I wish the front panel didn’t sit so far back inside it. It makes it a little hard to see sometimes if it’s too far below me. I might look for one where it’s set closer to the front

View attachment 4843

FM9 into two 212’s (Duncan 170 and BAM200 for power)

I was going to start building an amp/pedal rig but screw it, I can’t use it in my apartment, so I’m just going to grab a ToneX to put on a pedalboard with all the pedals and run it into the same power amps/cabs.

What speakers in the cabs? Also curious why a 170 for one and a BAM for the other?

What speakers in the cabs? Also curious why a 170 for one and a BAM for the other?

Black Shadows in the top (it‘s an old, LOUD AS F*CK Mesa cab) and WGS Retro 30’s in the bottom. I need to do a little sculpting with the amp EQ to balance the cabs out, but I really dig the blend, especially at higher volumes. The Black Shadows are beastly and the Retro 30’s have a nice lower mid instead of a typical V30 ripping your ears off.

I initially got the Duncan to power one cab, then when I saw how cheap the BAM was I figured I’d try it out for sh*ts and giggles and ended up just making a stereo rig with them. If I were to buy both over again, I’d have two BAMs. Cheaper and something about the top end of the BAM being a little ”sweeter” (whatever the f*ck that means) makes me dig it more.

Back