Reverb/Delay Pedal for someone who doesn't need reverb delay

Yeah in a world where I had the money it would probably be the collider. But for about $150, the dispatch master will more than suffice!

Plus, for someone who doesn't think about these effects very much the Dispatch is about 10 times better as a set and forget box. Find a nice mix of the 2 FX and then just hang there. You get a Collider and you're going to want to fiddle with all of the options. And the 'reverb/delay mini-toggle' was in my top 10 worst pedal features of whatever year it was released. Dispatch is simple - set and forget.

Don't get me wrong, the Collider is a killer pedal for what it is. It's just not for the guy who posted in the OP:

"Can anyone recommend a combo reverb delay pedal or some "basic reverb/delay" that will get the job done for a non reverb/delay connoisseur?"

Seriously, just look at the two of them!

1710294863004.png
VS
1710294912137.png

Last edited:
You could as well get a Pod Express. And yes, I'm serious.
If DI's hints about a PC/Mac editor come to fruition, and this allows you to get specific about which delay/ reverb algorithms you want loaded, then this will instantly become maximum bang per buck.

EDIT: Though I have to imagine this would be a partial selection at best, since otherwise the $180 POD Express would make a $300 HX One a pretty tough sell.

Last edited:
FWIW, a Fender Reflecting Pool finally displaced my Dispatch Master.
I wonder how the Reflecting Pool compares with SA Collider, which I've been considering. Both can be found for around $220 used, if you're patient.

EDIT: I'm seeing the Reflecting Pool as cheap as $175 used! Have there been different versions over the years?

Of course, I'll go around and around and around on this, and eventually realize that I can just put my HX Stomp in the loop and save some $$$. The only thing that really moves the needle is the possibility of a really good Spring reverb (even Hot Springs doesn't quite do it for me) integrated with delay in a smaller pedal. If the Collider had all the spring modes of the True Spring pedal, it would be a home run for me.

Last edited:
If DI's hints about a PC/Mac editor come to fruition, and this allows you to get specific about which delay/ reverb algorithms you want loaded, then this will instantly become maximum bang per buck.

EDIT: Though I have to imagine this would be a partial selection at best, since otherwise the $180 POD Express would make a $300 HX One a pretty tough sell.
Yeah I don't hate the idea but I think would prefer a dedicated pedal but this is me just being picky.

I don't think you'll be able to select different delay types than those that are there already.
The device is made to be as easy to understand as possible, DI has stated that multiple times.
In case you're not all into delay/reverb, it'd still be a pretty decent unit, IMO at least.

Yeah I don't hate the idea but I think would prefer a dedicated pedal but this is me just being picky.
I totally get it. I've been low-level obsessing over dedicated reverb pedals for at least a year now, despite owning everything I actually need in triplicate. It's the "less is more until you've had so much 'less is more' you drown yourself in it" syndrome. :D

I don't think you'll be able to select different delay types than those that are there already.
The device is made to be as easy to understand as possible, DI has stated that multiple times.
In case you're not all into delay/reverb, it'd still be a pretty decent unit, IMO at least.
Entirely possible I read too much into DI's emoji here:

1710339507782.png

How do you like the Nux board? I've beent thinking of picking up the M size model.
I really like it! Versatile, compact, rugged. I'm sure you are aware but you can remove/adjust th distance between all the panels so for example my top row is closer together for my horizontal and small pedals which gives more room on the bottom layer. I put my Cioks dc7 underneath the top row

The Keeley Caverns Delay/Reverb V2 is certainly worth consideration....can be found on Reverb from $125-138 on the low end.

Damn it! I literally just got off the phone having purchased a used SA True Spring. Came here to report in, and found this video. I love the sound of the Keeley Caverns, and with integrated delay, it would probably better suit my needs. :/

Back to the drawing board...

Back