Quad Cortex - JCM800 2203 model

Great tone and it cleans nicely as it should.

6wdqek.jpg

I wish I could do the same with the QC`s Recto or SLO ( make them sound good ) :hmm
People complain about the QC Recto but (can't remember who it was? Maybe James' favorite Taylor Danely guy?) did a vid with the QC Recto and I thought it sounded very good? I have nothing on the SLO :bag :rofl

People complain about the QC Recto but (can't remember who it was? Maybe James' favorite Taylor Danely guy?) did a vid with the QC Recto and I thought it sounded very good? I have nothing on the SLO :bag :rofl

The QC stock SLO 100 is... fine. But i think most complains are related to the fact that the plugin version sounds noticeably better - which was also my experience back then.

I wish I could do the same with the QC`s Recto or SLO ( make them sound good ) :hmm

From what I see in the schematics the Recto and Slo are not tight amps by design, they have less peaking filters (470k+470p) between stages with lower cutoff frequency (less tight), but they do have the Gain bright cap.
Nothing beats a good JCM800 for tight crunchy roar.

I agree the Rectos /SLO and Deizels sounded way off to me
I have a theory that the machine learning did a better job of the EL34
Amps

Essentially the Plexi , 800, Jubilee
Freidman sounded killer out of the gate to me the high gain 6l6 loaded amps not so much
Also in the original release the choose to go with the Gold EVH
W EL34 when the most popular version would have easily been the original 6l6 model

Regarding the Recto /SLO although they sound vastly different the preamp design w the cold clipping is present in both so it stands to reason that if AI could not capture that in one both could be off

The Soldano in the plug in sounds significantly different and much better not sure what Happened there maybe they used schematics and Mikes help w the AI or no AI

Testing the gain in the JCM800 model to get a full sounding tone, plus boosting the amp

One of the easiest to get great tones on the QC is the 800 + Myth drive. (Latter if which has wayyyy more gain on tap then a normal Klon) I always defaulted back to that if I got tired building a different preset.

The Silver Jubilee was ace too.

Sounds great.

What kind of light and modifier did you use for the vid? I like how you lit yourself while keeping the background dark.

One of the easiest to get great tones on the QC is the 800 + Myth drive. (Latter if which has wayyyy more gain on tap then a normal Klon) I always defaulted back to that if I got tired building a different preset.

The Silver Jubilee was ace too.
Yeah man the 800 with a Klon sounds soo good :beer

Sounds great.

What kind of light and modifier did you use for the vid? I like how you lit yourself while keeping the background dark.
Hi thanks

Just 3 cheep small AliExpress lights and my mobile phone.
The red one is way back in the room, and a blue one on the floor as you can see + on white light a few feet from my face on my monitor. All of the lights are kinda week, so they don`t get to far
I think i had my pc screen on as well

Hi thanks

Just 3 cheep small AliExpress lights and my mobile phone.
The red one is way back in the room, and a blue one on the floor as you can see + on white light a few feet from my face on my monitor. All of the lights are kinda week, so they don`t get to far
I think i had my pc screen on as well
The result looks great for cheap lights, your PC screen, and a mobile phone camera. I've got a Zoom Q2n-4K that introduces a lot of image noise because it has a small sensor, about the same size as a phone sensor, and the lights are just overhead room lights. Good point about your light being a few feet from your face, which makes the image brighter and keeps the video noise low.

Back