Helix JCM800 2203 Request Thread (FW 3.70 new Brit 2203)!

@James Freeman

Hope you weren't offended by my reference to you over at the L6 forum. Like @Tito83 your harping finally got the job done, and 3.70 should have been named for you!

As for my "crown" and the general tone over there.
There's around a dozen of us who are very involved and solve people's problems on a daily basis.
We do tend to get a little short tempered when people seem to be trolling the forum, jumping all over L6 and talking up other products.
It's because we really do like Helix, and Line6.
Overall, I think that even then we're (usually) a lot more polite than many on TGP and even here, where many claim to have fled to escape the vitriol, then continue with the same BS they were famous for over there.
Sometimes it's a good idea to step back and look at ourselves in a mirror.

'nuff said! Rock On!
Dill or sweet pickles?

From TGP:
Tomorrows Problem said:
Late to the party I know but as someone who toured with and used a real 2203 JCM800 for about a decade, I can attest the 2203 in Helix is perfect. I 100% agree with what James Freeman already reported PLUS I will add that not only does this heavily remind me of the 2203 I had but it's got a little smoother gain control than mine had.
Telling you also as a former FM3 lover and owner, it's better than any of the JCM800 flavors that Fractal has.
source

Line 6 did something VERY right with this one, I hope they took notes on what exactly they did inside the model.
May their future Marshall models be just as good.

Silver Jubilee when?

From TGP:

source

Line 6 did something VERY right with this one, I hope they took notes on what exactly they did inside the model.
May their future Marshall models be just as good.

Silver Jubilee when?

Yesssss, +1. This is another way Line 6 could really compete with Fractal, because Fractal's "Brit Silver" isn't actually a Marshall at all. It's Alex Lifeson's Lerxst, and some people on Fractal's forum say it doesn't really sound like a Silver Jubilee.

If Line 6 modeled a Silver Jubilee to the same standard as the 2203, wheeew good lawdy

Yesssss, +1. This is another way Line 6 could really compete with Fractal, because Fractal's "Brit Silver" isn't actually a Marshall at all. It's Alex Lifeson's Lerxst, and some people on Fractal's forum say it doesn't really sound like a Silver Jubilee.

If Line 6 modeled a Silver Jubilee to the same standard as the 2203, wheeew good lawdy
I'm reading everywhere that Fractal's Silver Jubilee is poop, what's up with that?

EDIT:
Although after finding some comparisons it is closer than some people say it is.

I think that's before Cygnus, definitely before Cygnus X2.

EDIT2:
The problem with finding old threads is they're old.

Last edited:
I'm reading everywhere that Fractal's Silver Jubilee is poop, what's up with that?

EDIT:
Although after finding some comparisons it is closer than some people say it is.

EDIT2:
doesn’t feature both channels or the clipping mode… no issue with the sound but it doesn’t feel like a complete model/experience of that amp in the way others do).

@James Freeman

Hope you weren't offended by my reference to you over at the L6 forum. Like @Tito83 your harping finally got the job done, and 3.70 should have been named for you!

As for my "crown" and the general tone over there.
There's around a dozen of us who are very involved and solve people's problems on a daily basis.
We do tend to get a little short tempered when people seem to be trolling the forum, jumping all over L6 and talking up other products.
It's because we really do like Helix, and Line6.
Overall, I think that even then we're (usually) a lot more polite than many on TGP and even here, where many claim to have fled to escape the vitriol, then continue with the same BS they were famous for over there.
Sometimes it's a good idea to step back and look at ourselves in a mirror.

'nuff said! Rock On!
Nobody was trolling. You were just being extremely lame and pointlessly sensitive. It isn't a religious relic from a bygone era, it is a bloody amp modeller. People are allowed to want things, and telling people to sell their gear because you can't tolerate the fact that they want it to be better for their needs, is just a nonsense.

Stop gatekeeping and do better. Welcome to the forum!

Now that's a class-act reply, right there. Note to self: be more like James Freeman.

Bracelet Wrist GIF by South Park

Kinda has new meaning now…

EDIT:

EDIT2:

Gonna laugh my ass off if you get Cliff to open his wallet twice in one month.

Back