NGD: Schecter E1 SLS Elite (nearly perfect...)

GuitarJon

Roadie
Got a new guitar! Last year I got the Schecter E-1 Apocalypse Red Reign and that guitar is absolutely perfect! I was blown away by that guitar on all fronts. So I wanted more of that E-1 goodness. The SLS Elite was an obvious "upgrade" from the Apocalypse so I ordered that one from Thomann.

Upon arrival I noticed that it had one issue (which I also discuss in my video). Basically the ground wasn't connected to the tailpiece. I fixed it luckily (with help from Kyle Bull as he had the same issue iirc). The guitar looks stunning, plays really well and sounds killer too! I must admit that the Fishman Fluence Modern pickups are really growing on me. They're just so versatile with the 2 voicings. In my review you can hear the guitar through my Soldano SLO 30 which is also new and I do comparisons of both the voicings:

Some pics:

20240131_155143.jpg

20240131_155128.jpg

Got a new guitar! Last year I got the Schecter E-1 Apocalypse Red Reign and that guitar is absolutely perfect! I was blown away by that guitar on all fronts. So I wanted more of that E-1 goodness. The SLS Elite was an obvious "upgrade" from the Apocalypse so I ordered that one from Thomann.

Upon arrival I noticed that it had one issue (which I also discuss in my video). Basically the ground wasn't connected to the tailpiece. I fixed it luckily (with help from Kyle Bull as he had the same issue iirc). The guitar looks stunning, plays really well and sounds killer too! I must admit that the Fishman Fluence Modern pickups are really growing on me. They're just so versatile with the 2 voicings. In my review you can hear the guitar through my Soldano SLO 30 which is also new and I do comparisons of both the voicings:

Some pics:

View attachment 18299
View attachment 18298

I LOVE the looks of this guitar :love Congrats on the SLO as well! :satan

That SLO sounds great in the demo! I wonder if they do an all natural finish of the SLS? :unsure: I think it would look tough if so \m/

Whoaaaaa, nice! I've never heard anything bad, and have heard lots of raving about these. I don't have an Explorer shape yah know?! :unsure:

Huge congrats, may you love it long time. :banana

I have the C-1 version of this guitar and to me it is perfect. So much so that other guitars just aren't that good to me any more. If I ever found out they are discontinuing them I'd buy another and lock it away in case something happened to the first one. If Schecter ever offered to make me a signature guitar (unlikely) I'd say just make me an SLS Elite with some custom artwork.

I think it's the neck. It's just so sleek, smooth, and comfortable. It's like petting a baby giraffe.

Sounds great as usual Jon.

The only thing I really wish for is for Schecter offered these in a single stain finish (Charcoal - like the Banshee or Natural, perhaps Red) to show off the flame. Or go full solid color paint with a plain maple cap.

Honestly, I can't wait for the faded top to bottom finishes to go away. My eyes/preferences just can't get used to it enough to spend the money on an otherwise great guitar at a fairly reasonable price in todays market.

Although, to Schecter's credit, they do the fade a bit more tastefully/subdued than other manufacturers.

Back