NGD: Schecter E1 Apocalypse

GuitarJon

Roadie
Got this Schecter E1 Apocalypse Red Reign recently!

I was expecting the guitar to be cool but it has honestly blown me away in terms of looks, sound, build quality and playability that it's one of my favorite 6-string guitars. The looks are great with that wonderful contrast between the front and back, the feel is great with the satin neck, thin C profile and stainless steel frets and the sound is amazing as well because of the quality woods and Schecter USA pickups.

This guitar turned out to be flawless and I'm never going to get rid of it, just insane!

Here's a review with tones and specs:

And a nice collage:

collage (1).jpg

Explorers are my favorite body shape and I don't own a single one. That may have to change! The E1s have been very consistent aesthetically and seem to offer more than the LTD EX line. The Epiphone prophecy is another one I am considering. I played a Gibson about a month ago and couldn't believe they charge what they do for one. It wasn't really that nice of a guitar to be honest.

Explorers are my favorite body shape and I don't own a single one. That may have to change! The E1s have been very consistent aesthetically and seem to offer more than the LTD EX line. The Epiphone prophecy is another one I am considering. I played a Gibson about a month ago and couldn't believe they charge what they do for one. It wasn't really that nice of a guitar to be honest.

I highly recommend this model!

View attachment 11807
Unless the video is sponsored by someone else. Not sure why it’d have a disclaimer that it includes a paid promotion if it isn’t.
Paid promotion could also mean that a product of value was provided without cost or given at a discount. If a company sends you something to try and you don’t have to pay for it, it falls under YouTube’s definition. If you get something from a company or distributor at a discount as an affiliate or partner, that also counts. Sponsorship is compensation for advertising.

It doesn’t sound like Jon did a paid review here, but might have got the guitar at discount or to try out without paying.

"Disclaimer: this video is not sponsored. At this point it's not clear to me whether I'll get a discount or not. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own!"

For all we know the video could be promoted by Ownhammer. Orange and Engl product placement? Lol Does it really matter?

Paid promotion could also mean that a product of value was provided without cost or given at a discount. If a company sends you something to try and you don’t have to pay for it, it falls under YouTube’s definition. If you get something from a company or distributor at a discount as an affiliate or partner, that also counts. Sponsorship is compensation for advertising.

It doesn’t sound like Jon did a paid review here, but might have got the guitar at discount or to try out without paying.

Exactly! A lot of times I tick that box just in case so I don't get any whining or trouble even though there might not even be sponsoring! I thought I was at TGP here for a second 😅

Congrats! Those Red Reigns are so gorgeous. @Desertdweller has a 7-string one that he loves. I had one briefly, but for some reason just didn't get on with it. But it was still one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever owned.

I'm assuming that was built in Korea? I say that, because my LTD EC-1000T is my #1, hands down, and "built in Korea, thin C neck profile, satin neck, SS frets" is my sweet spot. Just untouchable, IMO.

I'm assuming that was built in Korea? I say that, because my LTD EC-1000T is my #1, hands down, and "built in Korea, thin C neck profile, satin neck, SS frets" is my sweet spot. Just untouchable, IMO.

Yes it is! I have multiple LTD from Korea and Indonesia though and I will say that the quality is basically the same...

Yes it is! I have multiple LTD from Korea and Indonesia though and I will say that the quality is basically the same...
I've owned Indo guitars, and you are right, but I tried an Indonesian EC-1000T, and it just didn't feel the same as mine, for whatever reason.

Back