(Maybe?) NGD: None more black...

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Dislaimer: I don't need another guitar...

This one popped up on the local Marketplace about a month ago. I tried to buy it, but never heard back from the seller, then pulled the trigger on my LTD Arrow-1000 a week later - which I'm so in love with I may take it to Vegas for a quickie wedding.

Well, the seller dropped the price by $100. Then finally replied to me a few days ago. I figured, since it was already priced below what it should be, then the extra $100 off, I'd take another look. Remembering it has a Fishman Modern pickup in it sealed the deal, since I've wanted to try one of those out for awhile and A/B it against my EMGs.

It has one, very small ding in the upper, low end side "cutaway", but other than that it's mint.

Now, I'd bought it assuming I'd end up selling it, but Idon'twanna. However, see disclaimer above... It serves no purpose/covers no ground that my others don't (that's my criteria for keeping a guitar - if I can use it for making music in a manner none of my others cover easily), ties up money I could be using elsewhere and or putting in savings and I already bought the Arrow as a Christmas present to myself.

But, I really like it. In an ugly dog love kinda way...

ZcBCV42.jpg

K93swvj.jpg

2GyUrnI.jpg

The ding is about half the size of my pinky fingernail and once I put a little black nail polish on it, I don't even notice it. So, not like that's a reason to ditch it either...

My buddy got one of these a couple months ago and I was surprised how much I liked it, how light it was and how comfortable it was in reality vs my idea of how comfy it’d be.

At the end of the day, I'm a superstat guy. Something about them, particularly the Ibanez/Jackson/Solar SSs just works for me. But, I've always liked these out of the ordinary guitar shapes. The murdered out black, the light/comfortable body, yep - all good. And, to @Stone: it definitely has the Broot Juice.

Back