NGD: Majesty Spice Melange!

Don't let that worry you, It's a VERY protective case. It's not a gig bag, it's very well reinforced. And I got a nice discount, too :banana But then "nice" is always relative when referring to a discount. Could've always been more nicer :unsure:
I'd actually rather have one of those new cases. I hate how the corners hit on things when I put the guitar in my vehicle. I guess if I buy a new one, I'll get one of those cases!! (I want a Hydrospace!)

A little story about my Enchanted Forest...

The 2nd day I had it I broke the high e string. WTF?? Turns out there was a teeny burr somewhere in the area where the string crosses the saddle, which some abrasive cord from Stew Mac took care of. But as I investigated the issue, I noticed those saddles have no recess to keep the string centered. Which I honestly think is a poor design. And I never thought to mention it before you bought yours, because honestly I've since forgotten about it.

Reason being, the strings will eventually wear in a slight groove in the saddle. At least mine have. But when they're new, you have to make sure the string is centered before you tune it up to its final pitch. No big deal, as long as you notice it. Get a little tension on the string, move it to the center, then finish bringing it up to pitch.

Mine now fall into the center due to that slight groove, but you still need to check that the string is in that spot each time you change strings. I say all this because I noticed your high e isn't centered, so you may want to take care of that, before it gets used to that spot, so to speak.

Back when I was dealing with that burr, and my saddles were new, I thought you might actually be able to push the string across the saddle doing a bend, but that doesn't happen. Maybe if one were to drop way down to say 8's, and/or drop the tuning, but staying with 10's it's never been an issue.

But I still think those saddles need a recess.
Yeah, I noticed it last night when I was balancing the trem and was surprised I hadn't until then. I dipped the trem and they mostly went back in place, but definitely something to watch for. I guess they felt this type works best for Piezo?

One thing I absolutely LOVE about this guitar is how the harmonics bloom. In this solo, several notes have it, but listen to how the very last bend (~3:47) of this part does it. The first time I played it, and the note bloomed like that, it gave me fucking chills. And this is using headphones! No acoustic coupling needed!

Hell yeah, almost a built in vibrato, and I can make use of that!

When you get bored, could you tell me your bridge pu distance to the strings, depressed at 24, - pretty please? I've been zonked the last two nights, so I haven't even went down that rabbit hole yet.

Hell yeah, almost a built in vibrato, and I can make use of that!

When you get bored, could you tell me your bridge pu distance to the strings, depressed at 24, - pretty please? I've been zonked the last two nights, so I haven't even went down that rabbit hole yet.
I'd say it's ~5/32 to the bottom of the low E.

It's almost Autumn here so I am thinking Pumpkin Spice. :unsure:

Pumpkin Spice Majesty.

:sofa

If I am dead by tomorrow you all know why. :wat

Got your back, bro!

IMG_4695.jpeg

And I'm really surprised, no foam or springs - so as it stands, they aren't adjustable. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Guess I need to dig for some foam.
Not trying to tell you what to do, but there may be a reason for this. I would contact Ernie Ball and query on the topic. I know you won't be doing any damage in what you are suggesting, but there may be an engineering reason why they are doing what they are doing and I would want to hear about it from the source. Congrats again on the epic new axe!!!

Not trying to tell you what to do, but there may be a reason for this. I would contact Ernie Ball and query on the topic. I know you won't be doing any damage in what you are suggesting, but there may be an engineering reason why they are doing what they are doing and I would want to hear about it from the source. Congrats again on the epic new axe!!!
Oh, no doubt. JP and/or EBMM may think it sounds better with the pickups firmly sitting on the body - and maybe it does. My bridge pu is 6 - 7/64" off the strings, when depressed on the 24th. Just seems like a lot of toanz can leak out of that dead space :unsure: :wat

I did slightly loosen the bridge side and it brought it up about 1/64" or so. The treble side has plenty of definition and may get ice picky if it were higher?!

Sooo...., how's that gorgeous piece of art, er, guitar working out for ya?
Every time I pick it up I'm more impressed!

I had a huge problem with the Saber HT. Now I have a more huger :idk problem. It's making me not want to play the others. I'm digging the low action, too.

It's a good problem to have as I was a bit concerned, before it arrived, whether it was going to be worth the coin. Turns out it fits me really well, very easy player - no fighting it and nothing else feels as fantastic. And of course the pickups are:chef

Back