NGD: Majesty Spice Melange!

It's making me not want to play the others.
I can relate. I've never been one who needs variety. If I have something that works and does everything I want, then that's all I need.

It's like, I was checking out new trucks the other day, just observing them driving around me. Thought for a brief minute about taking a drive to a dealership (not that I'd ever again buy a brand-new vehicle!), but then I thought, my truck does what I want, and it still has many miles to go, and I drove my last one to 308K miles. Give it a good bath and detailing, and continue being satisfied.

I fucking LOVE my Majesty!

I can relate. I've never been one who needs variety. If I have something that works and does everything I want, then that's all I need.

It's like, I was checking out new trucks the other day, just observing them driving around me. Thought for a brief minute about taking a drive to a dealership (not that I'd ever again buy a brand-new vehicle!), but then I thought, my truck does what I want, and it still has many miles to go, and I drove my last one to 308K miles. Give it a good bath and detailing, and continue being satisfied.

I fucking LOVE my Majesty!
Oh I get you. Although I tried to get somewhere with guitar, 2 or 3 times over the preceding decades, the last 4 years has finally hit pay dirt. And much of that time has been finding out what fits me the best. Pretty obvious that the Majesty, Saber and my RG are the top three. And with those, I'd have enough variety to be content, and not a huge period of adjustment switching between them.

Absolutely don't need the full 12 I have now. But the wife wants no gaps on the wall lol, and I do like how it looks like a cozy guitar store every time I walk in my office. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh I get you. Although I tried to get somewhere with guitar, 2 or 3 times over the preceding decades, the last 4 years has finally hit pay dirt. And much of that time has been finding out what fits me the best. Pretty obvious that the Majesty, Saber and my RG are the top three. And with those, I'd have enough variety to be content, and not a huge period of adjustment switching between them.

Absolutely don't need the full 12 I have now. But the wife wants no gaps on the wall lol, and I do like how it looks like a cozy guitar store every time I walk in my office. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It wasn't until I progressed as a player that I realized the guitar I loved was just not going to work for what I wanted to do.

First it was the LP Custom. How TF did Sykes shred on that thing?? The neck is way too fat, the heel joint gets in your way up high, the upper fret access sucks. I got used to the weight, but there's no way I'd be able to play that thing in a gig today.

Then once I got my PRS 24 Trem, I was amazed at how much easier it was to play, and the LP was only used in songs that were easier to play, and/or needed the girth the PRS couldn't get.

And then the same thing happened with switching to the Majesty. Not quite as drastic, but still a much easier guitar to play.

Now I really want that JP15 I posted, but I'm trying to restrain myself.

It wasn't until I progressed as a player that I realized the guitar I loved was just not going to work for what I wanted to do.

First it was the LP Custom. How TF did Sykes shred on that thing?? The neck is way too fat, the heel joint gets in your way up high, the upper fret access sucks. I got used to the weight, but there's no way I'd be able to play that thing in a gig today.

Then once I got my PRS 24 Trem, I was amazed at how much easier it was to play, and the LP was only used in songs that were easier to play, and/or needed the girth the PRS couldn't get.

And then the same thing happened with switching to the Majesty. Not quite as drastic, but still a much easier guitar to play.

Yeah, I have 3 LP style guitars. Want to love them, but it's not in the cards. I much prefer the low profile EBMM trems. Probably will keep the 594, as it's beautiful, has a easier to deal with TOM, and it's especially resonant - need better pickups than the Fishman Adlers, though.

My CU-24 hangs on the wall, rarely touched as I find the pickups thin and uninspiring. So that's 2 guitars that should be salvageable with the right pu's.

If you really want a JP15, go get one, durn it! :hmm
Dayum and I though my GAS was bad :D
Yours is bad, I've read all your posts! :banana Now, I must inquire as to if you've seriously considered a Majesty? :unsure: They are, imho, named appropriately! Every part is perfection :chef

Last edited:
Yeah, I have 3 LP style guitars. Want to love them, but it's not in the cards. I much prefer the low profile EBMM trems. Probably will keep the 594, as it's beautiful, has a easier to deal with TOM, and it's especially resonant - need better pickups than the Fishman Adlers, though.

My CU-24 hangs on the wall, rarely touched as I find the pickups thin and uninspiring. So that's 2 guitars that should be salvageable with the right pu's.

If you really want a JP15, go get one, durn it! :hmm

Your's is bad, I've read all your posts! :banana Now, I must inquire as to if you've seriously considered a Majesty? :unsure: They are, imho, named appropriately! Every part is perfection :chef
Yes the EB are amazing for sure from what ive read, never tried one either but they are way out of my price league for sure :cry:
As far as Guitars go my curent 4 cover my needs for now and Only plan to add 2 more
A Charvel DK24 and a Solar 2.6

:stirthepot

Yes the EB are amazing for sure from what ive read, never tried one either but they are way out of my price league for sure :cry:
As far as Guitars go my curent 4 cover my needs for now and Only plan to add 2 more
A Charvel DK24 and a Solar 2.6

:stirthepot
Ahh, money really has no value dude :grin You could take the money from those 2, and perhaps trade another - and you'd be there, more or less :hmm.

Plus, I seem to recall a certain someone with a new and higher income full time gig, no!? :idk I'm telling you, once you had one you'd be thanking @TSJMajesty and me and you'd be patting yourself on the back like I've been doing the past 2 weeks :rawk.

Feels like touching your wife for the 1st time every time, don't you want that? :idea

Not to feed your gas or nuthin, but bleeb me, you want that! And there's always lightly used.

And I'm not generally one to :horse, but I'm not convinced it's dead yet!:rofl

I'm not sure if you've been paying attention to the headlines, but Canada and India are practically at war. I couldn't make this shit up, even a year ago. Who could?! It could get bad, you could be marching on to a troop ship very soon. Do you want to do that knowing you have a Majesty waiting for you? Do you realize how much more likely you'd be to strategically "duck your head", when you're in that foxhole outside the Taj Mahal?:whistle

On another note, does replying to my own posts 7 times make me more like @la szum? :knit Not that that's a bad thing, of course.

Oh my, I'm all shaking even thinking about this baby! Thanks to @TSJMajesty for the inspired gas over the past year! :beer

Was going to wait a bit to order but this is the one I wanted:chef, out of the 8 or so that are available - and I didn't want anyone grabbing it out from under me. It's just incredible in every way! And discounts are nice :grin. Sure a lot cheaper than a PRS Private Stock, and to me, looks as good as any of those I've seen.

Really took on a life of its own after I bought the Saber at the end of April, and have some unexpected inheritance money coming from a great man, that made it to 94! Was a fighter pilot and had a heckuva life. When we were cleaning out his place a week ago, I found a card of "To Do" items. #1 was "learn guitar", #2 was "get rid of stuff we don't need". I wish he would've done both of those, lol - but I'm surely dedicating this guitar to him!

Here's some teaser pics from the dealer site - expected arrival on Friday. Looks like some headbangers there hanging out above the bridge pickup!

Remember y'all, you only live once. Go for that shit now, why you still can.
View attachment 10562View attachment 10563View attachment 10564View attachment 10565
At the risk of a bit of inbreeding, I love a nice spalt...

That poor, unloved, neglected Silvberburst. 😭

Man, Drew is right. :LOL:

And I'm not generally one to :horse, but I'm not convinced it's dead yet!:rofl

I'm not sure if you've been paying attention to the headlines, but Canada and India are practically at war. I couldn't make this shit up, even a year ago. Who could?! It could get bad, you could be marching on to a troop ship very soon. Do you want to do that knowing you have a Majesty waiting for you? Do you realize how much more likely you'd be to strategically "duck your head", when you're in that foxhole outside the Taj Mahal?:whistle

On another note, does replying to my own posts 7 times make me more like @la szum? :knit Not that that's a bad thing, of course.

Hungry Mr Bean GIF

We all need a loaded Uncle-In-Law to pass = price of entry. :LOL:

I really dig the Majesty talk. It's amazing when a guitar resonates with us ... and not just physically...
but also in a much more assertive and deeper manner.

Happy for you, Dave! :banana :beer

You do this means no more shopping, right? That's what happens when you find "the one." :rofl

We all need a loaded Uncle-In-Law to pass = price of entry. :LOL:

I really dig the Majesty talk. It's amazing when a guitar resonates with us ... and not just physically...
but also in a much more assertive and deeper manner.

Happy for you, Dave! :banana :beer

You do this means no more shopping, right? That's what happens when you find "the one." :rofl
Yeah, the loaded UIL did not hurt my prospects, but it was just a matter of time :grin

This baby took me a few days to appreciate, but the Sabre is a bit pissed atm. :hmm Still love it, but the neck on the Majesty is a bit better for me. The only downside on the Sabre is the neck is kind of "unique" in the way it rolls. Actually, kind of a good thing as it forced me to arch my fingers better.

And thank you, Dave, it's good to find magic! Probably only going to be shopping for an FM9, and possibly really soon. But damn, the HR Prime still is begging me to try - I just, I just can't. Or maybe I can? IDK.

Yeah, the loaded UIL did not hurt my prospects, but it was just a matter of time :grin

This baby took me a few days to appreciate, but the Sabre is a bit pissed atm. :hmm Still love it, but the neck on the Majesty is a bit better for me. The only downside on the Sabre is the neck is kind of "unique" in the way it rolls. Actually, kind of a good thing as it forced me to arch my fingers better.

And thank you, Dave, it's good to find magic! Probably only going to be shopping for an FM9, and possibly really soon. But damn, the HR Prime still is begging me to try - I just, I just can't. Or maybe I can? IDK.
Why not try both and keep the one you gel with the most and either keep both or sell one, I'm pretty sure you won't loose much with a FM9, not sure about the headrush

The best thing about the Prime is the touch screen. Second best is the included Exp Pedal. :idk

But if we are talking about Tones, Service, Quality of Build, Effects, Tones, Service, Computer Editor,
Tones, Frequent Updates, Tones, Routing Options, and Customer Service.... it loses on literally every other front. :beer

Back