New Metallica song "Lux Æterna"

I am always going to have that problem of the comparison of paying $14 to see them with Cliff during Ride the Lightning tour:unsure: :cry: :ROFLMAO:

I think the tickets were $80 a pop when I saw them on the Death Magnetic tour where Machinehead opened, now I get to see Metallica, Wolf and Pantera-ish for $100, I’m definitely not bitching about that! And it’s a LOT easier to pre-game at Gillette stadium than it is anywhere around the Garden without blowing $400 on Boston-bar BS.

D5CDAE31-F022-436A-81EF-BC9EC0B3B627.gif

I am always going to have that problem of the comparison of paying $14 to see them with Cliff during Ride the Lightning tour:unsure: :cry: :ROFLMAO:

I saw them on the MOP Tour. My overwhelming feeling during and after that show (based on how the crowd
reacted was) these guys are going to rule the world one day. I wasn't wrong.

I think the tickets were $80 a pop when I saw them on the Death Magnetic tour where Machinehead opened, now I get to see Metallica, Wolf and Pantera-ish for $100, I’m definitely not bitching about that! And it’s a LOT easier to pre-game at Gillette stadium than it is anywhere around the Garden without blowing $400 on Boston-bar BS.

I am not seeing the $100-ish. :idk

I saw them on the MOP Tour. My overwhelming feeling during and after that show (based on how the crowd
reacted was) these guys are going to rule the world one day. I wasn't wrong.
They were my first concert. So my bar with them is tied to something really high in my mind. I WISH I would have caught them on MOP. I saw them on AJFA (with Queensryche and Suicidal, iirc FANTASTIC show) and twice beyond that. Once on the Black album and I want to say on Load. Maybe ReLoad? Whatever album they were on Lollapalooza.

Yeah, how do you recreate being young, innocent, and full of vim and vigor again??

Lux AEterna indeed!! :LOL:

I'd def go see them again. Not a massive fan of the 60-70,000 seat venues, though.
Have to stare at the Big Screens just to get a glimmer of a glimpse of a view.

Not feeling this at all.

When they started out there was a lot of angst, a lot of feeling like they needed to prove themselves and it came across in their writing and riffs.

When you make $100 million a year the angst is gone and you should shut the fuck up.

As a die hard metalhead and an old school Metallica fan ( RTL and MoP are on my top 5 list of albums) just stop.

It’s not ok.

It’s not good anymore and you should go out on a high note, except you can’t since 1991.

Apologies to anyone that’s feeling this but shit is weak.

160 upper deck in phx for both shows, so I'm guessing 200 after fees for nose bleeds. 325 lower section before fees

Would have to take a 4 days weekend to really enjoy myself and to be honest... after going to endless concerts in the 2000's with my dad to see Clapton, Jethro Tull, Allman bros, McCartney, zz top, page & plant, eagles... and on and on..

I guess this just feels like what it is. Bands from my glory days feeding off nostalgia and tapping into that 40-50 yr old disposable income honeypot

Tl;Dr opinionated and bitter

I think I’ve aged along with Metallica and along the same lines, just minus the millions. It’s definitely different seeing them as a level-headed adult than it was seeing Pantera or Mudvayne as an angsty teen. I suppose I look at it the same way as the Pantera tribute thing; it’s not so much about being the original band, but a celebration of that music.

I never once caught the feeling those guys weren’t enjoying themselves both nights I saw them, to the point it was infectious and the energy in the venue I was in was all smiles and “f*ck yeah!”, they sounded f*cking outstanding, but I don’t mind James voice at all these days. What’s funny is that I’m not even a die-hard Metallica fan, I’m not even sure they’d break my top 10, I just have so much respect for them because, to me, I’ve just seen a band do what they love doing after accomplishing their goal to be the biggest metal band in the world. I don’t think I even own the last few albums and if I do, I haven’t listened to them all the way through.

And the guitar geek in me is just stoked to see James’ Ken Lawrence guitars in person.

4AA728C6-0A52-4B10-8DC3-E2A96EE029DE.jpeg

Not feeling this at all.

When they started out there was a lot of angst, a lot of feeling like they needed to prove themselves and it came across in their writing and riffs.

When you make $100 million a year the angst is gone
and you should shut the f**k up.

As a die hard metalhead and an old school Metallica fan ( RTL and MoP are on my top 5 list of albums) just stop.

It’s not ok.

It’s not good anymore and you should go out on a high note, except you can’t since 1991.

Apologies to anyone that’s feeling this but s**t is weak.

:LOL:

They did a livestream with Jose from Liquid Metal last night. There was a QR code on the screen that redirected you to their Bitcoin/cryptocurrency site. I immediately thought of this place :rofl

Crypto is the new merch, eh?

On several more listens, I still kinda dig it, but that solo...I think Kirk found his iPhone he lost during the Hardwired sessions and used it to phone this solo in.

Just listening for the first time, haven't read any comments, came here and naturally there's a huge thread :D

Lars' drum track has to be quantized. There's no way he's this accurate given pretty much every live recording I've heard of him.

Song is fine, lots of energy for a bunch of 60 year olds. Not breaking new ground but don't expect it.

Kind of reminds me a bit of the new AC/DC that came out recently, where it sounds like most of what they've done before in a comforting way.

Back