New Metallica song "Lux Æterna"

Apparently there's still some life in their old bodies. Surprisingly great old-school riffing and very catchy vocals. Listened to it 5x in a row and am absolutely loving it!

Huh. Sounds interesting. More NWOBHM for me than the Kill ‘Em All inspired last album. Nice to see them back for sure.

(I say this as someone really enjoying Megadeth’s latest work)

I agree, the kick is loud. At the start of the video I did see all playing, but were is the bass

Could I have some more bass in there plz :rawk

Yeah more bass would be appreciated but this is Metallica, we already know they won't do it.
This is their sound.

This is one of their better attempts of going back to roots, the song is good.

I really wish they change their Death Magnetic guitar tone (which this song also has), it sounds like they are using the same shitty IR since 2008.
Go back to micing Boogies and Marshall 4x12 cabs with G12-65 ffs, that sounded good.

I actually kind of like Lars' drumming as of late :bag I think it anymore comes down to "too long winded without the Burton sophistication or dry AJFA riff salad when they could still do it", well; justice :sofa That and the awkwardness of their lyrics really since post AJFA.

AJFA is one of my 'audiophile' reference albums when I'm testing new audio gear like headphones and speakers, I'm that familiar with its sound.

Except for bass guitar

This is partially why this album is my metal reference, there is no rumbling bass guitar that drowns the low-mids, the mix is pristine for the instruments in it.
I could say the same for Pantera's VDoP and Megadeth's CtE, these two are also considered as audiophile metal recordings by many where the bass guitar doesn't drown the entire mix.

This is partially why this album is my metal reference, there is no rumbling bass guitar that drowns the low-mids, the mix is pristine for the instruments in it.
I could say the same for Pantera's VDoP and Megadeth's CtE, these two are also considered as audiophile metal recordings by many where the bass guitar doesn't drown the entire mix.
For fair representation of all instruments; I'll take CtE over the other 2 by a large margin.

I really wish they change their Death Magnetic guitar tone (which this song also has), it sounds like they are using the same sh*tty IR since 2008.
Go back to micing Boogies and Marshall 4x12 cabs with G12-65 ffs, that sounded good.
Totally agree.

Afa this song is concerned, that solo is just a mess of licks or whatever. It doesn't go anywhere and it doesn't even fit the song IMO. Composition of the rest of the song isn't too bad I suppose.

This is certainly old man flashback material; but I still remember ever pivotal early Metallica moment. Getting AJFA and wondering if you forgot to plug in speakers and you were actually just listening to the acoustic sound coming from the needle because the low end was SO missing was really jarring at the time.

Back