New Metallica song "Lux Æterna"

Banana yellow and a baby crib.... :censored:

72-seasons.jpg

I like where Metallica is going these days - they've gone in far worse directions. I was a teen watching MTV Icons: Metallica when St. Anger (their return to metal) debuted. I remember being confused and heartbroken. Anything left field of that and Re/Load makes me happy.
When did this turn into the "We Hate The Bass Guitar" thread??? :idk
When "Metallica" was typed into the thread title.

James Hetfield said: “72 seasons. The first 18 years of our lives that form our true or false selves. The concept that we were told ‘who we are’ by our parents. A possible pigeonholing around what kind of personality we are. I think the most interesting part of this is the continued study of those core beliefs and how it affects our perception of the world today. Much of our adult experience is reenactment or reaction to these childhood experiences. Prisoners of childhood or breaking free of those bondages we carry.”

’72 Seasons’ tracklist:

72 Seasons
Shadows Follow
Screaming Suicide
Sleepwalk My Life Away
You Must Burn!
Lux Æterna
Crown of Barbed Wire
Chasing Light
If Darkness Had a Son
Too Far Gone?
Room of Mirrors
Inamorata

Apparently there's still some life in their old bodies. Surprisingly great old-school riffing and very catchy vocals. Listened to it 5x in a row and am absolutely loving it!

I am loving it, too. Each time it gets a little louder!!! Even learned the opening riff.

Not a coincidence Hetfield is wielding the V in the opening shots, eh? Definitely,
singing in that higher register, too, in the chorus. Has that throwback feel. Love
the vibe, and one of my new goals is to work hard at not being a jaded, old prick
who has seen and heard it all. Or thinks he has. :LOL:

Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind. :headbang
:rofl

Sounds, to me, like Lux AEterna is about the truth that there is salvation in music, and the community of
shows, and bands, and just going at it full speed regardless of age or critiques, or issues from childhood,
or any of the other myriad of ways bullshit can keep us from what doing and enjoying what keeps us
young at heart.

Sonic Salvation!!! :rawk

And it's not mastered way too fucking hot either. :banana

Listened for a second time. Hammet's solo is still a little more slapdash than I had hoped. Really only critique (that actually applies to the song vs lack of bass on AJFA :rofl ) is the dumb title. Weird phrase to auto-tune yell as a chorus for an old metal band ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Trying too hard to be cool ("Hey look! We are still so much more than METAL!" :wat ) and sound intelligent when there is really no need. This ties in to the mindset of making an album with Lou Reed. There are ways to branch out but this shouldn't be one of them.

Last edited:
They are doing a 2 night stint at each spot. One night with Pantera and Mammoth one night and Five Finger Death Punch and Ice Nine the next. I know which night of the two I would shoot for, if we're basing it on opening bands :wat
The fact that they are affiliating themselves with Five Finger Douche Punch distresses me more than anything else they've done in the last 40 years.

I would go more to see Zakktera and Mammoth, ive see Metallica many times from Kill Em all to And Justice, that's more than enough good memories for me

They are doing a 2 night stint at each spot. One night with Pantera and Mammoth one night and Five Finger Death Punch and Ice Nine the next. I know which night of the two I would shoot for, if we're basing it on opening bands :wat

The fact that they are affiliating themselves with Five Finger Douche Punch distresses me more than anything else they've done in the last 40 years.

This is the best fan service a band has done in a long time; not making us decide which show we’d rather go to and making the answer VERY clear!

And really, it’s a wise move on their part; they’ll sell out both the shows and fans of all ages will get what they want out of them.

FFDP is a big ole nope from me, even after seeing them live, Ice Nine was entertaining live but their music didn’t do much for me and they had so much sh*t playing on tracks I couldn’t tell what was live and what wasn’t.

Being a massive Pantera fan (even if that’s completely uncool in 2022, IDGAF) and really digging what Wolfie has been up to, it was a pretty easy decision to make. My buddy is grabbing a few tickets for the Foxboro show when they go on sale this weekend!

Back