New Line 6 Catalyst CX Amps

1710870257736.gif

I have to admit, the Catalyst 60 I owned for less than 24 hours was a little underwhelming, but the added models really has me rethinking these.

I like the Cats in general, but v2 is a little disappointing in that the controls operate the same way as v1 (the amp selector knob, the effects buttons with the embedded LEDs, etc.). I was hoping those things would be tweaked a bit to be a little more user friendly.

I like the Cats in general, but v2 is a little disappointing in that the controls operate the same way as v1 (the amp selector knob, the effects buttons with the embedded LEDs, etc.). I was hoping those things would be tweaked a bit to be a little more user friendly.
I haven’t compared them physically, but I’m guessing they were able to reuse the existing panel layout for the CX.

60 watt 1x12 : $300
100 watt 1x12 : $400
200 watt 2x12 : $500
For a little more money you can buy a good 100W heavy iron tube head, a WAZA Tae, a nice 2x12 cab and a nice assortment of drives and modulation effects and sound MUCH better ...

For a little more money you can buy a good 100W heavy iron tube head, a WAZA Tae, a nice 2x12 cab and a nice assortment of drives and modulation effects and sound MUCH better ...
Definitely. I think the target market is for individuals seeking plug-n-play simplicity ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back