Best guitar practice amp these days?

I just play this.l⬆
The master’s as good or better then the herds &
herds of low wattage wannabe’s.
So WTF, just play a 100 watter.

If I’m being honest, my best *practice* amp has been the sound holes on my semi hollow guitar combined with my ears.

But for fun at home any amp that can hit a sweet spot without getting too loud. I’ve had that with the Catalyst, the Blackstar IDC100, and the little cube amps.

For headphones, it’s been the HX Stomp.

I’m tempted by the Mustang Micro because it seems like it would be super convenient, but in reality I’m practicing near the rest of my gear anyway.

If I’m being honest, my best *practice* amp has been the sound holes on my semi hollow guitar combined with my ears.

But for fun at home any amp that can hit a sweet spot without getting too loud. I’ve had that with the Catalyst, the Blackstar IDC100, and the little cube amps.

For headphones, it’s been the HX Stomp.

I’m tempted by the Mustang Micro because it seems like it would be super convenient, but in reality I’m practicing near the rest of my gear anyway.
I mostly practice unplugged too.
Because of that I’m looking for a compact hollowbody like the PRS SE..

Regular USPS should be fine. :grin
Man, shipping just bumped up a little more insanely expensive.
I’ve been shipping GAS leftovers for the past year and just last night noticed a jump up.
How much money do we have to piss away to learn our lesson with the stuff???

My studio desk/gear area is in my bedroom these days so it depends on the situation.

If it's my day off and nobody is home, I'm playing through my PRS MT15/2x12 or TC BAM200 through the same cab fed by HX Stomp.

If the family is home but not in my room, same rig just turned down.

Kids going to bed? Stomp into studio monitors or headphones.

My wife has been ill for the past week so if I want to practice I have to be mobile while she's in bed resting. Spark Go saves my ass here.

I love harmony guitars for this.
Most their models just have a great vibe too.
I was looking at a Harmony M75 recently but it appears they may not be available in Canada.

Anyway, having never owned a tube amp, I’m wanting to get one for some time just to enjoy and experience that flavour.

Otherwise there’s a Roland Cube available for a great price that works great for practice. But I’ve done SS amps in the past since they make a lot of sense at home.

And I’m playing unplugged in my room most of the time anyway.

Back