New Headrush pedalboard: Headrush Prime

Is it not? They slapped new graphics and plastic side panels on (and obviously the rear IO panel is different), but looks the same to me:

Can't tell if it's their last hurrah or a show of commitment...
It looks like the same basic chassis, havent seen all angles of them to compare though. There is certainly in general an advantage to reuse a proven concept at least if its popular and perhaps tweak it if necessary, i may think its to big and its mainly a concern for portability, it looks like it could be very nice to use with the touch screen and footswitch displays and all.

Like the HX stomp and HXFX, its 8 years later, this thing better BURY the helix in terms of available DSP power. The HX stuff should have as well, but I realize how hard that would be to justify the helix floor price if they did that. Headrush is under no such constraint. 8 years is an eternity in DSP, it better fly!
It seems to have a few different fixed layouts where you can put fx in the slots. You won't have as many blocks as Helix in one preset, but most likely have enough.

DSP chips tend to be pretty longlived and usually manufacturers pick something that is not the bleeding edge best but significantly cheaper.

I find it interesting mainly for the non-guitar features. I'm sure the guitar sounds are good enough for where you would use this. Having vocal processing, loops and backing tracks is great for a solo artist, small group, practicing or songwriting. $1299 is a tad steep since I have an FM9 but getting it on sale for those features alone may almost be worth it. Once they hit the used market I'd buy it.
Right. Kind of where TC Electronics tried to land the VoiceLive 3 all those years ago. Except that by all reports, the guitar side - and the UI - of the VL3 were terrible. :(

Stay strong Stone!
Haha No worries not into Profiing and the auto tune is more for singers which im certainly not , no editor so hard pass for me , but glad to see they came out with an updated version, besides Im on the FM9 wait list :)

Last edited:
It looks like the same basic chassis, havent seen all angles of them to compare though. There is certainly in general an advantage to reuse a proven concept at least if its popular and perhaps tweak it if necessary, i may think its to big and its mainly a concern for portability, it looks like it could be very nice to use with the touch screen and footswitch displays and all.
Was it popular though? :bag

It seems to have a few different fixed layouts where you can put fx in the slots. You won't have as many blocks as Helix in one preset, but most likely have enough
Enough if you're not going to use one of the major features in this device: vocal processing.
Otherwise you're limited to (iirc) 6 blocks in series per path, so less blocks and less flexible routing than an hx stomp plus a TC voicelive play (which combined are way cheaper than this)

Was it popular though? :bag
I dont know the figures but i guess it was popular enough for them to make the new one which says a lot despite the critique about the size and whatnot especially like here on these forums. We are the nerds however and not likely to be in the majority when it comes to decide what sells or not.

non-guitar features

auto tune is more for singers which im certainly not

This is also a big deal for anyone who has to listen to other singers-guitarists.

I (sort of) joke. But it’s actually a useful cool thing to have that plug-in available for a vocal and/or for some of the interesting ways it can be used on guitar (if it’s available in the effects chain).

Not in forums maybe :rofl But you know very well how we are… I’m speaking for myself maybe. But I’m definitively the worst f*****g modeler customer there is…
I believe there are plenty people actually using HR units to be way more creative than 97,9% of the digital/modeling forum people is…
Yeah the actual sales ranks may in some cases be very different than the representation on forums like these. For example in the sales ranking on Thomann for guitar multieffects we can see.

1. Quad cortex
2. Quad cortex bundle
3. Harley Benton DNAfx GiT
4. Boss GX-100
5. Kemper
6. Line6 HX Stomp
7. Line6 Stomp XL
8. Line6 POD Go
9. Behringer FX600
10 Zoom Multi stomp

First on position 20 we have Helix rack followed by Helix floor at position 21 and LT at 23.

Im actually quite surpriced to see the Boss GX-100 that high up but it does offer a lot for the money, it would seem on these kinds of forums that Boss cant do anything right but they are apparently in reality killing it in the sales with the GX-100.

The Headrush MX5 is at position 30.

I just noticed that obnoxious Antares Auto-Tune graphic on the top of the board.

:barf

If anyone here buys that, the new forum rule is you have to take a belt sander to it. I don’t want to see anyone giving their Duncan logo removal tips for this. Belt sanders only. I’ll even ship you mine.

Im not back though… just a temporary

caused by gear news…

But what if I told you that there would be gear news here, every day and forever?

twiddles GIF

Enough if you're not going to use one of the major features in this device: vocal processing.
Otherwise you're limited to (iirc) 6 blocks in series per path, so less blocks and less flexible routing than an hx stomp plus a TC voicelive play (which combined are way cheaper than this)
Honestly you could probably do enough with 6 blocks for guitar if you are also dealing with singing at the same time. At least for me singing while playing guitar is already hard enough without adding toggling fx into it.

Back