New Headrush pedalboard: Headrush Prime

I'm reaching bandwidth saturation for sitting through 40 minute demos. Has anybody mentioned the loopers "save/load" feature? I'm guessing this just means you can fly your active loop to/from DropBox via WiFi? I was initially hoping that there was enough internal memory (and/or an SD card slot) so that you could save loops on a per-preset or per-scene basis, and call them up during a performance. Maybe there's some way to leverage the USB-A interface, with a thumb drive, to this effect?

(I'm not likely to buy one either way; more a point of curiosity.)

I'm reaching bandwidth saturation for sitting through 40 minute demos. Has anybody mentioned the loopers "save/load" feature? I'm guessing this just means you can fly your active loop to/from DropBox via WiFi? I was initially hoping that there was enough internal memory (and/or an SD card slot) so that you could save loops on a per-preset or per-scene basis, and call them up during a performance. Maybe there's some way to leverage the USB-A interface, with a thumb drive, to this effect?

(I'm not likely to buy one either way; more a point of curiosity.)
laughs in "3 weeks ago IK Multimedia shopping cart"

In the corporate product shots, that thing looks big and ugly, but in the videos when you see someone holding it, it’s way less offensive. (Leave it to creative360 to address the important stuff).

Meanwhile, this thing is more like what I’m talking about, anyone who gets one today can gig it tonight without even looking at a manual and do just fine.

I like the file system. That’s taking the Kemper user autonomy thing I cherish to an even more functional level. I wonder if you can remove models from the preset list that you’ll never use, or if it’s just the clones. Something with nothing but the handful of amps and effects you’re interested in using, that’s a cool thing.

Also, isn’t Headrush a descendent of ProTools’ original modeler? Back then that thing didn’t offer that much but I think some of those original tones actually still stand up today. I don’t see why on this device people will still use the models of amps, but that’s because in my experience profiles sound and feel more like the amps I love.

This to me automatically looks like a valid and cheaper alternative to Kemper. No, it doesn’t mean Kemper is over at all, but compared to the QC and ToneX, it’s the way to go. ***Both ToneX and that other profile-y plugin on the other hand .. may still be the winner for recording (even though 99% of our heroes’ greatest examples of sublime guitar tone were not re-amped!, including most of Steely Dan, the usual example.)

QC HQ RIGHT NOW
Suicide Samurai GIF
This is a significant problem for QC. The only thing it appears to have on HR Prime is form factor. OK, that and an existing library of captures (Prime apparently ships with all of 0... super weird... the easiest thing in the world to have fixed), and presumably higher quality models. (At least one would hope so, given Eleven Rack tech has been "maturing" for about 15 years.)

We can't pretend form-factor isn't a BIG problem for HR Prime. But QC being $650 more expensive - for less functionality... ouch.

This is a significant problem for QC. The only thing it appears to have on HR Prime is form factor. OK, that and an existing library of captures (Prime apparently ships with all of 0... super weird... the easiest thing in the world to have fixed), and presumably higher quality models. (At least one would hope so, given Eleven Rack tech has been "maturing" for about 15 years.)

We can't pretend form-factor isn't a BIG problem for HR Prime. But QC being $650 more expensive - for less functionality... ouch.
I was kidding. My best Orvillain impression :rofl

I was kidding. My best Orvillain impression :rofl
Seriously, though. NDSP ought to be thinking long and hard about reverting to their original $1650 price point. If that's still at all possible.

(As good a time as any for me to re-iterate: the routing implies that the HR Prime has much less processing power on tap. As far as watching 5 minutes of review videos has "informed" me LOL.)

Seriously, though. NDSP ought to be thinking long and hard about reverting to their original $1650 price point. If that's still at all possible.

(As good a time as any for me to re-iterate: the routing implies that the HR Prime has much less processing power on tap. As far as watching 5 minutes of review videos has "informed" me LOL.)
There was a used one elsewhere for $1350 the other day? Still didn't feel the pull for it. But that was certainly a good price, comparatively.

laughs in "3 weeks ago IK Multimedia shopping cart"
It's kind of funny: 3 weeks ago that IK thing dropped, and I was like, "A COOL THING AND SO CHEAP I HAVE TO BUY IT ON PRINCIPLE!"

And for a couple of years now, there's been an ambient: "FM3 EXISTS AND IT'S SO COOL! I HAVE TO BUY IT ON PRINCIPLE!"

But when I saw this HR Prime thing this morning: "THERE ARE SO MANY COOL THINGS NOW I CAN'T POSSIBLY HAVE THEM ALL. I GUESS I'M OK WHERE I'M AT."

Consumerism saturation/ marketing backfire.

It's kind of funny: 3 weeks ago that IK thing dropped, and I was like, "A COOL THING AND SO CHEAP I HAVE TO BUY IT ON PRINCIPLE!"

And for a couple of years now, there's been an ambient: "FM3 EXISTS AND IT'S SO COOL! I HAVE TO BUY IT ON PRINCIPLE!"

But when I saw this HR Prime thing this morning: "THERE ARE SO MANY COOL THINGS NOW I CAN'T POSSIBLY HAVE THEM ALL. I GUESS I'M OK WHERE I'M AT."

Consumerism saturation/ marketing backfire.
What would you do now if you started from nothing (including the knowledge you have).

There was a used one elsewhere for $1350 the other day? Still didn't feel the pull for it. But that was certainly a good price, comparatively.
Everybody keeps telling me to order an FM-whatever and then send it back if... (I'm sure Cliff & Co. love this line of thinking LOL.) At $1350 I would have told you to buy that QC, put it through it's paces, and flip it as needed.

Another solution is to temporarily hire third party DSP developers to speed things up.

HR Prime is completely open, people can drag and drop files and share content (legally purchased or otherwise) freely like on the Kemper; both IK and NDSP have something to worry about especially if HR brings it in a smaller format like the MX5.

This to me automatically looks like a valid and cheaper alternative to Kemper. No, it doesn’t mean Kemper is over at all, but compared to the QC and ToneX, it’s the way to go.
Oh I don't know. In every Kemper, ToneX, QC vs amp video it's really hard to tell the difference. From couple of videos so far HR clones are clearly different. It could be the way to go, if you don't actually care about accurate profiles and just want to be able to say you're using profiles.
Otherwise, you can probably get the same, or better, level of accuracy with regular modeling.

We can't pretend form-factor isn't a BIG problem for HR Prime.
If you ask me QC is the one with form factor problem. Not everyone wants a small ass device.

As soon as I opened Discord and the FB group these were the first posts I saw-

View attachment 5556

View attachment 5557

I needed a laugh today, that first post about anyone copying anything in the context of a QC discussion did it for me.
Was he actually trying to accuse Headrush of stealing a QC feature that NDSP hasn't even implemented yet? :rofl

Another solution is to temporarily hire third party DSP developers to speed things up.

HR Prime is completely open, people can drag and drop files and share content (legally purchased or otherwise) freely like on the Kemper; both IK and NDSP have something to worry about especially if HR brings it in a smaller format like the MX5.
I'd "get back in the market" if GB or MX5 with Cloner came out.

haven’t watched any of the videos yet, but just curious - is whatever modelling tech they’re using available in a plugin format? Is the underlying modelling actually good in 2023?

presumably this thing is running plugins internally? Eleven/Revalver/Autotune etc.

Back