New Amps Week- Shiva and 5153 Edition!

Found it. And the guy is in Florida.

Anyway, I wouldn't sweat it. I think the Bogner is much more useable for you. The Dyne has two volume levels: loud and louder than a F-ing earthquake loud. Also, it's very low gain, even on the “high gain” channel.

Ok I'm done with the Dyne talk! Can't help it. :rofl

Back to the Bogner. Sounds killer on your YT clip!

Anyway, I wouldn't sweat it. I think the Bogner is much more useable for you. The Dyne has two volume levels: loud and louder than a F-ing earthquake loud. Also, it's very low gain, even on the “high gain” channel.

wtf happened to all the lettering? :rofl
I guess the FL salt and humidity got to it?

I just hit him up, that’s actually the guy he bought it from! Too funny!

Apparently the Good Deal Fairy wasn’t done with me yet this week!

I had to wait to see if this was BS or not because the price was so low. Met the seller today and he was actually a really cool guy, he runs sound locally, had me meet him at the venue then insisted I crank the amp up to try it out before leaving with it!

IMG_5369.jpeg

Couldn’t be better timing, I’m headed into a 4.5 day weekend, going to work for 2 days next week then a 5-day weekend!

There was almost a NAD #2 today, the potential is still there if the seller pulls his head out of his ass.

View attachment 15921

I hit the dude up last night and send him my number, get a text around 1:30AM asking me what I’d like to offer him.
Drew- “$500 like the ad says”
Dipshit- “Oh I meant just the head only, not the head and cab”
Drew- “Perfect! I don’t want the cab!”
Dipshit- “What about the pedalboard?” (dude has a bunch of decent pedals I have no interest in)
Drew- “Really just want the amp, I can be there with cash in hand in the morning“
Dipshit- “Someone is offering me $700 for it, can you beat that?”
Drew- “When you want to honor the ad hit me up. You just wasted both our time, dude”
$100 says no one offered him $700 for it and he was just trying to milk it

Apparently the Good Deal Fairy wasn’t done with me yet this week!

I had to wait to see if this was BS or not because the price was so low. Met the seller today and he was actually a really cool guy, he runs sound locally, had me meet him at the venue then insisted I crank the amp up to try it out before leaving with it!

View attachment 16177

Couldn’t be better timing, I’m headed into a 4.5 day weekend, going to work for 2 days next week then a 5-day weekend!
Video with all the chugs or it didn't happen.

I didn’t realize this until 10 minutes ago when looking over Marketplace again, but I mentioned this white Electra Dyne last week, the same dude is selling it. Had I known that yesterday I might have asked to try them both out. This dude has flipped a TON of gear for dirt cheap, seems to have a penchant for Bassmans, he’s got a minty ‘68 head/cab right now for $1200 as well, but that’s going in the opposite direction of what I’m looking for.

View attachment 15923

I didn’t look too hard at what the ED’s are going for, but I’d have to imagine that a white alligator skin fetches more than $1200.
The headshell face has a War Of The Worlds vibe..
Maybe the amp ate the ‘gator??

Congrats again @DrewJD82

Real amps (and cabs!) rule, and it’s fun hunting deals and learning the ins and outs of them.
I’ve been listening to you for a while, you rip shit up.
I can tell with your style & the grunt in your attack, you’d love the Lenz stuff.
Familiar, juicy & punchy either dry or lively.
Crazy good stuff dude.

I hear PRECISELY where the modern amps of today have too much edge in the give.
VERY few can mod amps and pull off the amp either not feeling boosted with some Cameron thing of their own and SOUNDING boosted or it’s get cocked blocked by the filtering dialed in not to have that boost/push/tight response.
So I get it..in my own labywrinth’s of lunacy brotha!!
Cheers dude!!!

Ok……I’m kinda in love with this 5153. I just went to town on the Blue channel with my Solar and while I’m sure I’ll love it boosted, that was sick. Red channel is going to get some use for sure. I actually think I’ll end up using the blue channel for leads and the red for rhythms.

I’ve gotta get some last minute shopping done, but I just wanna stay home and rip!!!!

I can tell with your style & the grunt in your attack, you’d love the Lenz stuff.
Been following his mods for a while, he does great work. Helps he’s a killer player, but even still he seems to do some of the best sounding takes on those classic mods. Big fan of how Jason Tong tunes a Marshall too, and Shea Monomyth and Jeremy from Ground Zero are doing amazing sounding stuff

Back